• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Paradice 9

lindag

22 minutes ago, lindag said:

I plan to do just that first thing tomorrow morning.

Let us know what they said.  I've had good experiences with some of them.

1 hour ago, gfweb said:

Other than for those who can't use a knife, does this offer any advantage?

For those of us who have some physical limitations the dicing capability is a godsend.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lindag said:

For those of us who have some physical limitations the dicing capability is a godsend.

But other than for those who can't use a knife, does this offer any advantage?

Although I'm capable of using a knife, I really don't like chopping.  I've been known to not make some things because of the amount of chopping involved.  With the dicing blades, that's no longer an issue.

• Like 7

After my phone call this morning with a Breville rep. I learned that I need those items that you got: the adaptability kit as well a  as the dicing kit (two blades).

I will have to return the dicing kit that I got earlier since it's not compile with the Sous Chef Pro.

Glad I go this sorted out.  The Breville rep. was super helpful, tsking a lot of time to get me the right information, I even got as sizeable discount on my parts/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 8/19/2024 at 4:13 PM, lindag said:

The Breville rep. was super helpful, tsking a lot of time to get me the right information,

It would have been nice if the correct information was available in the first place, but it has all worked out for you 😀

p

• Like 2

@lindag and @ElsieD for the references to the Breville videos

I think the first on is the best as it details a real world experience rather than a scripted studio film and it was very illustrative of normal usage

p

• Like 3

Ive been wondering how a circular motion ( the blade )

can also dice.  Im sure Im the only one puzzled.

this video shows how this works :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hNy6JW09I

thank you , @lindag

I originally though the blade that did the cutting was below the ' dice ' disk.  its not

the cutting blade is above the dice disk , slices the food , and must be angled in such a way

that it then pushed the food through the dice disk.

very cleaver.   

won't be tossing and turning so much now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2