• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

blue_dolphin

Cooking with Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden

30 minutes ago, heidih said:

I'm with you on the best use of roasted cauliflower. If I get a ginormous head at 99 cent store I'll roast it all, scarf with danger of mouth burn straight from pan, and only then repurpose leftovrs into a room temp salad with crunchy herby stuff and usually some craisins or dates.

Good point!  If I'd looked at this salad as a good way to use up leftover roasted cauliflower, I'd probably have been more forgiving in my review!

• Like 1

Six Seasons leftovers. The recipe for Smashed New Potatoes with Lemon and Lots of Olive Oil p 161 suggests making hash browns by shaping the smashed potatoes into pucks, dipping in bread crumbs and shallow frying them until browned and crisp.  So, I did:

IMG_8108.thumb.jpg.d0f09a9c0f87c45c3d0a37db28ecaa8d.jpg

Topped with Charred Scallion Salsa Verde p 109, soft boiled eggs and a few bacon crumbles.  Tomato chutney on the side.

• Like 3