• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Experience with the Unox ChefTop XVC 205E Combi-Oven?

Bill Klapp

I am thinking about buying the XVC 205E (eco) (or maybe XVC 305E) for home use, as my primary oven, with a good-sized convection toaster oven as a backup for smaller day-to-day tasks.  I have a number of questions, but will wait and see if anybody has used one of these.  These are smaller 230V models, so there is no problem to plug in and go in Europe.  A water tank and pump kit are available if I cannot or do not want to connect it to the water supply line.  The biggest question, not answered clearly by anything that I have read, is whether the machine has a basic broiler function.  I probably will not need much more pop than toasting something or melting cheese, and the toaster oven may be enough for that, but it would be a little surprising if a machine that appears to be able to do everything but win American Idol does not have a top element that can broil modestly well...

Edited by Bill Klapp (log)

Bill Klapp

bklapp@egullet.com

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Bill,

did you buy the oven in the end? I am also considering to buy it, since im building a whole new kitchen, I dont have the problem of plumbing etc.

My concern is the maintanance of the beast? Does it require a service like every year or some simmilar interval?

Thanks,

P