• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Canada source for fruit purees?

Tri2Cook

I'm in a small town in a remote area and so far I've had no luck sourcing fruit purees (such as boiron but brand doesn't matter, only quality) through our suppliers at the restaurant or through the local stores. I don't actually need them for the restaurant, they're for me personally, but I order things for myself through our suppliers now and then. I can't imagine that they can't find anything so I'm assuming they just haven't tried too hard but maybe that's being too cynical. Anyway, anybody know a mailorder source within Canada they'd be willing to share? I know L'Epicerie ships them but not across the border because they require overnight shipping in insulated containers.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I'm in a small town in a remote area and so far I've had no luck sourcing fruit purees (such as boiron but brand doesn't matter, only quality) through our suppliers at the restaurant or through the local stores. I don't actually need them for the restaurant, they're for me personally, but I order things for myself through our suppliers now and then. I can't imagine that they can't find anything so I'm assuming they just haven't tried too hard but maybe that's being too cynical. Anyway, anybody know a mailorder source within Canada they'd be willing to share? I know L'Epicerie ships them but not across the border because they require overnight shipping in insulated containers.

Qzina is in Toronto and delivers to various areas, and I think would ship as well. Depending where you are the frozen puree may present a shipping problem however.

Thanks! After seeing your reply I searched for and found their website. I'm going to shoot them an email and/or give them a call after the long weekend.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

...and perhaps Qualifirst, also out of Toronto. Too tired to plough through their catalogue right now, but I'm pretty sure I saw purees there.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

...and perhaps Qualifirst, also out of Toronto.  Too tired to plough through their catalogue right now, but I'm pretty sure I saw purees there.

Looks like they have purees as well, link here.

Wow, thanks everybody. This place is way better than google. I searched every variation of fruit puree canada I could think of and didn't come up with any of these.