• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'll Name the Food, You Name the Movie

Pontormo

New movies:

Clue - Our villain gets sprayed with eggs, milk, showered with sugar and dumped with flour and eventually gets baked in a big cake.

Clue - Our heroes try to get watermelons from a group of crazy ninja-karate birdbrains. Nobody gets the watermelons in the end.

Second Clue: Ice Age

That's right!~ :smile:

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Poem improvised by prospective husband-material at family dinner that begins with a pile of thick strands of pasta sauced with wild fennel:

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

Or something to that effect.

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

NEW MOVIE 186. Our villain gets sprayed with eggs, milk, showered with sugar and dumped with flour and eventually gets baked in a big cake.

New Clue: Our villain is played by an accomplished actress who in another movie killed a family pet - a bunny.

NEW MOVIE 186. Our villain gets sprayed with eggs, milk, showered with sugar and dumped with flour and eventually gets baked in a big cake.

New Clue: Our villain is played by an accomplished actress who in another movie killed a family pet - a bunny.

101 Dalmations and Fatal Attraction. Glenn Close plays her psychos with such panache, eh? My favorite is her Marquise De Merteuil from Dangerous Liaisons.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

101 Dalmations and Fatal Attraction. Glenn Close plays her psychos with such panache, eh? My favorite is her Marquise De Merteuil from Dangerous Liaisons.

She's my favorite psycho! :laugh: LOL You got it right petite tête de chou!

A recap to remove solved puzzles:

Please don't assign numbers to your new movie foods...if a movie is solved before it gets put into a recap, it's not given a number since it's out of play.

Also, we're getting some repeat movies. Try not to use "Pretty Woman", "The Godfather", "Cool Hand Luke", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Fargo", "Moonstruck", "Repo Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "Dirty Dancing" as they've all been used twice.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-petite tête de chou for correctly guessing that #186 (Our villain gets sprayed with eggs, milk, showered with sugar and dumped with flour and eventually gets baked in a big cake) is the filn "101 Dalmatians".

-dsquare for solving #187 (Our heroes try to get watermelons from a group of crazy ninja-karate birdbrains. Nobody gets the watermelons in the end) as the animated film "Ice Age".

WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION:

-petite tête de chou has guessed that #174 (Raw corn, bananas, scenery

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery) could be "WarGames".

#154 is not "The Notebook" nor is it "Jamon, Jamon"

#174 is not "1492 - Conquest of Paradise"

STILL UNSOLVED AND TAUNTING US:

154. REVISED CLUE: A floor picnic of roast chicken, rudely interrupted by monetary concerns and time constraints.

CLUE: Every meal in the movie was disrupted by SOMETHING, but no other by money.

CLUE: The hero speaks to an older woman, and her comeback was quite memorable.

CLUE: The lady came to the hero's place of work in order to watch him. No food was visible at the moment, though the aura of ham was present.

158. "I love their eggrolls" " Eat your eggs" and four perfect T-bone steaks

173. Jack Nicholson film: features a lot of barbequeing (as I recall)

174. Raw corn, bananas, scenery

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery.

177. I hid behind the car. I didn't want to get any ketchup on my dress.

CLUE: I've been carrying around this ketchup bottle for weeks!... WEEKS!!!

184. sushi, including 'masago' and 'amachi'

CLUE: in a separate scene, Noodles eaten from a paper carton (on a park bench)

188. Poem improvised by prospective husband-material at family dinner that begins with a pile of thick strands of pasta sauced with wild fennel:

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

NOTE: If you post a movie, please check back to see if the guesses on your movie are correct or not so we can keep the "Still in Play" list accurate.

Also, consider posting more clues if your movie remains unsolved.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Lost in Translation?

...wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. --Alexander Pope

New Clue in honor of watching an old favorite---I rewound four times, so I hope I heard it right:

A Mexicali Chili Barb

A Double Chubby Chuck

Two Orders of French Fries

Two Cherry Cokes

Deserted before the order arrives, to go look for liquor.

American Graffiti! What a perfect, all-American film to watch over the Memorial Day weekend. LOVE it. Paired with The Last Picture Show it would make a great a double bill.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Lost in Translation?

Sorry, Viva, no, not Lost in Translation. Another clue: in another scene, Snapper - discussed but not seen.

QUIET!  People are trying to pontificate.

188. Poem improvised by prospective husband-material at family dinner that begins with a pile of thick strands of pasta sauced with wild fennel:

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

ADDED CLUES: a) Another incentive to make the gaped-toothed dinner guest a member of the family: the prospect of lasagna and sardines. b) Takes place on an island, c) in black and white.

here's one - paraphrased

He sampled my hand, and liked it so much, he's been waiting around to consume the rest of me.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

A new recap...new clues and a new movie are in bold:

Please don't assign numbers to your new movie foods...if a movie is solved before it gets put into a recap, it's not given a number since it's out of play.

Also, we're getting some repeat movies. Try not to use "Pretty Woman", "The Godfather", "Cool Hand Luke", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Fargo", "Moonstruck", "Repo Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Fried Green Tomatoes", "American Grafitti" and "Dirty Dancing" as they've all been used twice.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-petite tête de chou for correctly guessing that

"A Mexicali Chili Barb

A Double Chubby Chuck

Two Orders of French Fries

Two Cherry Cokes" is the "American Grafitti".

-racheld for correctly guessing that "He sampled my hand, and liked it so much, he's been waiting around to consume the rest of me" is from the film "Peter Pan".

-petite tête de chou has guessed that #174 (Raw corn, bananas, scenery

CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery) could be "WarGames".

#184 is not "Lost in Translation"

154. REVISED CLUE: A floor picnic of roast chicken, rudely interrupted by monetary concerns and time constraints.

CLUE: Every meal in the movie was disrupted by SOMETHING, but no other by money.

CLUE: The lady came to the hero's place of work in order to watch him. No food was visible at the moment, though the aura of ham was present.

CLUE: in another scene, Snapper - discussed but not seen.

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

CLUE: a) Another incentive to make the gaped-toothed dinner guest a member of the family: the prospect of lasagna and sardines. b) Takes place on an island, c) in black and white.

189. Creme de la Creme ala Edgar

NOTE: If you post a movie, please check back to see if the guesses on your movie are correct or not so we can keep the "Still in Play" list accurate.

Tim Oliver

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

CLUE: a) Another incentive to make the gaped-toothed dinner guest a member of the family: the prospect of lasagna and sardines. b) Takes place on an island, c) in black and white.

Since activity on this thread has waned, I'm just going to provide the answer in the form of a plug: Seduced and Abandoned. Hilarious; dark humor and for Netflix subscribers, available.

New movie:

A cage of ortolans flutter madly in hostage scene. This takes place in a French restaurant which serve the avian delicacy.

You got it right petite tête de chou! I was afraid I was going to give out clues like human cheeks skewered, barbequed with mushrooms.

A new recap:

Also, we're getting some repeat movies. Try not to use "Pretty Woman", "The Godfather", "Cool Hand Luke", "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Fargo", "Moonstruck", "Repo Man", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Fried Green Tomatoes", "American Grafitti" and "Dirty Dancing" as they've all been used twice.

CONGRATULATIONS TO:

-petite tête de chou for correctly guessing that "A cage of ortolans flutter madly in hostage scene. This takes place in a French restaurant which serve the avian delicacy" was the film "Hannibal Rising".

Pontormo has revealed that #188:

Poem improvised by prospective husband-material at family dinner that begins with a pile of thick strands of pasta sauced with wild fennel:

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

is the film "Seduced and Abandoned". Hilarious; dark humor and for Netflix subscribers, available.

-petite tête de chou has guessed that #174 (Raw corn, bananas, scenery CLUE: The actor won't eat the banana, but does chew the scenery) could be "WarGames".

-sadie_siamesecat has guessed that #173 (Jack Nicholson film: features a lot of barbequeing [as I recall]) is the film "Term of Endearment".

-petite tête de chou has also guessed that #189 (Creme de la Creme ala Edgar) is the film "The Aristocats".

#184 is not "Lost in Translation"

CLUE: in another scene, Snapper - discussed but not seen.

"Snails to eat

And woman sweet--

An incredible treat!"

189. Creme de la Creme ala Edgar

Tim Oliver