• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Valentine's Day at WHITE CASTLE!

Jason Perlow

http://www.whitecastle.com/ValentinesDay/

Make your Valentine’s Day STEAMY! Take your Valentine to White Castle on Tuesday, February 14 between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m and enjoy hostess seating, candlelit dining and your own server. Reservations are required, so check the list below for participating Castles near you!

gallery_2_4_92190.jpg

gallery_2_4_1247.jpg

gallery_2_4_66658.jpg

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Hmm...does that come with a small Whitman's sampler and a complimentary rose? If not, I'm going to Burger King.

Jennifer L. Iannolo

Founder, Editor-in-Chief

The Gilded Fork

Food Philosophy. Sensuality. Sass.

Home of the Culinary Podcast Network

Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably lousy in bed. (attributed to Federico Fellini)

And all this time, my s.o. had me believing that I was the luckiest woman in the world. :biggrin:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

My wife and I did something similar one year. While she went to White Castle, I built a fire and opened a bottle of 1985 Brane Cantenac. We had our mature, mellow Bordeaux wine with slyders. We both were on board, so it wasn't one of us going along for the sake of the other.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

This is truly one for the books! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Perlows Visit White Castle to consummate their passion and love among the teenagers who are the only acutal witnesses to the event ... what no wrist corsage for Rachel? No music to waltz to?

Tell me, weren't Tim and Nina Zagat huddled in one corner nibbling sliders with their wine? :rolleyes:

Thanks for making this a wonderful thread, Jason! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Bravo Jason...You have incorporated WC into Thanksgiving and now Valentines Day.. The man is a genius..

Yeah, Passover is coming up, but I'm not sure if slyders would work with matzah.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Yeah, Passover is coming up, but I'm not sure if slyders would work with matzah.

Slider Seders? Yeah, why not?! :laugh:

But then you couldn't ask the four questions properly, beginning with "Why is this night different from all of the other nights?"

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

So did you and Rachel have the Sweetheart Special? Were you the only diners over the age of sixteen?

(I love the group shot of the young lovers, especially the kid with the kinda Mohawk on the far right. Does Steven Shaw have a younger brother?)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

So did you and Rachel have the Sweetheart Special? Were you the only diners over the age of sixteen?

No, actually we sat next to an elderly couple earlier!

And yup, we ordered the sweetheart special. Although Rachel also got some fish nuggets and fried mozzarella cheese things.

According to Rachel, the fish nugget things are pretty good.

gallery_2_4_6315.jpg

THIS is the reason egullet is so wonderful! 

(Jason: tell me you and Rachel weren't laughing your butts off!)

The mood was universally jovial and playful throughout the restaurant. Everyone was laughing at the situation and thoroughly enjoying themselves.

I'm most impressed that you rushed home and uploaded photos of your special evening.

I came home and worked for a while, and enjoyed home made burritos while watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show with my Afghan, Hannah. So much for romance!

Edited by BuzzDraft (log)

TomH...

BRILLIANT!!!

HOORAY BEER!

I'm most impressed that you rushed home and uploaded photos of your special evening.

I came home and worked for a while, and enjoyed home made burritos.  So much for romance.

Actually we went to Target to return a worthless proprietary 60GB video iPod and buy some dog toys, then we went to China 46 to pick up some sauteed greens and noodle soup for later. After all those slyders, we needed something healthy to counterbalance it.

have i mentioned recently my resentment about white castle's closing all their  places around philadelphia?  i mean, DAMN.

Make that two of us.

One of the closed outlets was at Broad and Catherine, about 15 minutes' walk from me. I would have loved to have been there for an event like this.

Drifting slightly for a minute: There is one small consolation: The Broad and Catherine White Castle was converted into a Popeyes.

However, with some Popeyes franchisees around here apparently giving up the ghost (the one in The Gallery is now just called "New Orleans Chicken"), I'm beginning to worry anew.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3