• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Long Branch/Red Bank Breakfast?

rlibkind

I don't know anything about these places so check to see if they are still open. Let us know where you end up. Also, there should be some diners on Rt 35.

Broadway Diner 45 Monmouth ST. Red Bank 732-224-1234

No Ordinary Joe 51 Broad St. Red Bank 732-530-4040

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Any suggestions for a quick, easy and good weekday morning breakfast stop in immediate Long Branch-Red Bank-Eatontown area?

Why not make a stop at Delicious Orchards on RT34 . They have a wonderful bakery section for coffee and...

Edited by Cook456 (log)

You're looking in a pretty big area but my favorite place is Edie's in Little Silver on Rumson Road, just a couple of blocks from Sickle's. Not fancy, but always busy.

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We made it to Edie's for breakfast. My wife had a bacon and egg sandwich, I went for an eggless sausage and cheese sandwich. Both on hard rolls (a.k.a. kaisers). They were just fine. As it is, the folks we went to see ratified Edie's and noted approvingly that the western omelettes are made with cooked rather than raw veggies. Edie's itself is a fantastic place, almost a throwback. Good and friendly service. And a friendly group of regular customers: one regular was congratulated by everybody (including us) for marking his 91st birthday; another customer, a lady of a certain age in purple, came over to our table and said how much she liked my wife's outfit. (My wife wishes to return to Edie's. PS: We were dressed for a funeral.)

The night before, not having eaten since a late lunch, we went to the Broadway Diner in Red Bank for a late night snack after visitation. Again, very friendly, very good service (the waitress must have read a book on the psychology of getting better tips: almost every time she approached our table she briefly placed her hand on my shoulder). We kept it simple: sandwiches (tuna, BLT), a shared side of fries, one regular milk, one chocolate milk. All competently prepared and served. The diner itself is a classic in-town (vs. roadside) diner, slightly L-shaped, complete with rotating cake display stand by the entrance. Nicely decked out for Christmas. Lots of intense late night girlfriend conversations going on in several booths. I'd go back.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

My Kitchen Witch in Monmouth Beach is a great new breakfast and lunch place. More traditional local luncheonette would be North Beach Grille on Atlantic ave in Long Branch a couple blocks from the beach.

Speaking of Delicious Orchards, there is an excellent spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner across Rt. 34 from D.O. in the shopping plaza there. It's called Christophers and we've never been dissapointed. If you luck out, Belle will wait on your table...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak