• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Croatian Cultural Center

Matt R.

I am going to a concert on Oct 11 (Tuesday) at the Croatian Cultural Centre, on Commercial Drive (3200 block). Their website says their lounge is open late, but mentions very little about food. As I will be travelling via public transit, does anyone have any recommendations for someplace good to eat/drink within reasonable distance? Perhaps within walking distance?

I am looking for someplace to go after the show, probably around 11pm.

Thanks, y'all.

-- Matt.

Pondok Indonesia is at 2781 Commercial Drive (604) 872-8718. I haven't eaten there, but other eGulleters reccomend it. It probably doesn't stay open that late, but if you wanted a bite before you went to the concert Pondok would fit the bill. For late night, you can pop on the number 20 bus down (North) to somewhere like Rime-Turkish food (with more live music, most likely), or Stella's.

Zuke

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

Pondok Indonesia is at 2781 Commercial Drive (604) 872-8718. I haven't eaten there, but other eGulleters reccomend it. It probably doesn't stay open that late, but if you wanted a bite before you went to the concert Pondok would fit the bill. For late night, you can pop on the number 20 bus down (North) to somewhere like Rime-Turkish food (with more live music, most likely), or Stella's.

Zuke

Another option could be Wazubeez, just across 1st Avenue, east side of Commercial Drive. Will have music, not live mind you, good beverage choices and food too.

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Another option could be Wazubeez, just across 1st Avenue, east side of Commercial Drive.  Will have music, not live mind you, good beverage choices and food too.

Mmm Garlic Mayo Fries....mmmm

Otherwise I think Marcello's is open pretty late (1st and around grant I think)

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Another option could be Wazubeez, just across 1st Avenue, east side of Commercial Drive. Will have music, not live mind you, good beverage choices and food too.

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

I am going to a concert on Oct 11 (Tuesday) at the Croatian Cultural Centre, on Commercial Drive (3200 block).  Their website says their lounge is open late, but mentions very little about food.  As I will be travelling via public transit, does anyone have any recommendations for someplace good to eat/drink within reasonable distance?  Perhaps within walking distance?

I am looking for someplace to go after the show, probably around 11pm.

Thanks, y'all.

-- Matt.

Hop on the great skytrain after the show, get off at Stadium and head to Chambar. :laugh:

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf