• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly area -- Spot for office summer "picnic"?

RuthWells

I am trying to find a venue for our company's summer "luncheon". In the past this event has been a pool party at the home of one of the owners; said owner has since retired. Ideally this would be an outdoor venue with some activities available, as the employees bring spouses, partners, and kids to this event.

We're outside Philadelphia, in Delaware County. Any ideas y'all may have would be most appreciated!

Brandywine Picnic Park is nice for a summer outing if you have a large crew and don't mind spending some cash.  http://www.picnic.com/

Oh my -- looks like quite a place! Probably a bit much for our group, but I'll keep a note of it.

how many in your group? it is tough to recommend a place unless you know the number you want to entertain.