• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Headed to Belgium this summer and looking for chocolate and pastry must-visits!

Hi all!

My daughter and I are headed to Belgium this summer, just for a few days, and would love to sample and visit some great spots.  Right now we just have Chocolate World in Antwerp on our agenda. I'd love any suggestions on unique (or not unique!) chocolate or pastry experiences. Or places to avoid!

Thank you!

Jen

Chocolate World is definitely a must see - I'm going to attach here the reports on my last two visits to Belgium so you can look through and see what places I've seen that might interest you,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SweetandSnappyJen said:

Hi all!

My daughter and I are headed to Belgium this summer, just for a few days, and would love to sample and visit some great spots.  Right now we just have Chocolate World in Antwerp on our agenda. I'd love any suggestions on unique (or not unique!) chocolate or pastry experiences. Or places to avoid!

Thank you!

Jen

No expertise here, but my favorite chocolate for many years has been Neuhaus. They must have stores in various locations all over Belgium..  I'm not typically a fan of filled chocolates, preferring dark bars, but their filled ones are fantastic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Chocolate World is definitely a must see - I'm going to attach here the reports on my last two visits to Belgium so you can look through and see what places I've seen that might interest you,

Thank you so much, Kerry!  There are some great tips in here!!

- Jen

11 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

No expertise here, but my favorite chocolate for many years has been Neuhaus. They must have stores in various locations all over Belgium..  I'm not typically a fan of filled chocolates, preferring dark bars, but their filled ones are fantastic. 

11 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

Thanks, Katie!  I have seen Neuhaus around but have never tried them. I'll definitely give them a try!