• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Stars

Suzi Edwards

i hope you're right otherwise i can think of several kitchens i wouldn't want to be in tonight!

cheers

gary

Maybe I'll be booking under a different name for a few months to come. :laugh:

Then again if I'm right maybe I'll be eating for free :raz:

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

i hope you're right otherwise i can think of several kitchens i wouldn't want to be in tonight!

cheers

gary

Maybe I'll be booking under a different name for a few months to come. :laugh:

Then again if I'm right maybe I'll be eating for free :raz:

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

If we lose our Bib Gourmand (okay, laugh, but it's all the infrastructure of the hotel will allow us) there's going to be a riot, followed by a war with the waiting-on staff; the service in our place is shocking, horribly shocking, and I fear it's going to mean losing our entry.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have wished the Maitre d' dead. Gruesomely.

If RHR goes down to two stars I shall eat my hat... *prepares marinade*

Allan Brown

"If you're a chef on a salary, there's usually a very good reason. Never, ever, work out your hourly rate."

1 hour 12 minutes to go....

I'm presuming it'll be on their Corporate press release page on Michelin.co.uk? While we're waiting, we can buy some tyres!

Spoke to a mate last night who's held 2 in his own right before. He was saying thet the new one stars won't know until today, but any 'upgrades' will have been told yesterday and in the top end of the scale, those that have 2 or 3 will have had inspectors dine with them last night and inform them in person. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Don't think anyone knows how it actually works. He did say he's had two calls from customers yesterday congratulating him on his new star. He's rather sceptical, but I think under all the sceptism, he's had a sleepless night. Bless...

Zaika lost their star.

L'Enclume got theirs.

Nothing more for Petrus, Aikens, or Ramsay.

[Edit to add: and I'm not sure whether to be surprised that New Angel got their first star as well - surely a casual dining experience if ever there was one.]

Edited by MobyP (log)

"Gimme a pig's foot, and a bottle of beer..." Bessie Smith

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP

How are Ramsay and Wareing going to react? Surely this was theiir raison d'etre - how will they rationalize this sort of response? Ramsay wants to be Ducasse and Brazier. Wareing wants to be Ramsay.

Edited by MobyP (log)

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP

Do you think they're worried about fadism? About their recent support for MG and anti-nouvelle cuisine going too far?

Flickr Food

Nothing for Anthony's!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous - rapidly losing faith in the guide (I say that every year :rolleyes: )

It is ridiculous, especially since really new arrivals such as Heston's Hinds Head have gone straight in with a 'bib'; how long has that been open, 2 months?

Also notice that the Riverside Brasserie has lost its bib, is this due to no longer being Heston's?

Edit: Definitely not buying the UK guide this year, it just diverges too much from my tastes now.

Edited by Dirk Wheelan (log)

when does the Q & A start?

i think i need to put forward myself as an inspector, the current lot have quite patently lost the plot.

michelin only looks at what's on the plate, not the surroundings?

the phrase 'my arse' springs to mind.

cheers

gary

you don't win friends with salad