• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guy Savoy to lose Michelin star.

Anna N

Here.

Guy Savoy, who has been praised as the world’s best chef, has lost one of his Michelin stars.

His Monnaie de Paris restaurant was awarded three Michelin stars by the Michelin Guide in 2002, according to the restaurant, and maintained the status for two decades.

The restaurant jointly topped Paris-based guide La Liste’s 2023 world’s best restaurant selection for the sixth consecutive year.

However, its Michelin status has been downgraded to two stars in the latest edition of the Michelin Guide France, to be published next week, the Michelin Group confirmed in a statement on Monday.

Edited by Anna N
To add a quotation (log)
  • Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog