• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Stars

Suzi Edwards

Ok, through the grapevine

One new 3 star - probably Manoir

Petrus - 2 stars

Morgan M - 1

Sketch - 1

Rhodes@24 - 1

Trompette - 1

Anthony's 1

The guy withthe crazy long Handlebar moustache who's name/restaurant escapes me at the moment (Martin ?????) 1 star.

This is not all of them.

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

Ok, through the grapevine

One new 3 star - probably Manoir

Petrus - 2 stars

Morgan M - 1

Sketch - 1

Rhodes@24 - 1

Trompette - 1

Anthony's 1

The guy withthe crazy long Handlebar moustache who's name/restaurant escapes me at the moment (Martin ?????) 1 star.

This is not all of them.

martin blunos

is the manoir a award for contribution to british cooking?

others sound sensible enough.

cheers

gary

edit: ps do i get a prize if i guess your source? :wink: (not that i would disclose it publically).

Edited by Gary Marshall (log)

you don't win friends with salad

I also heard about Midsummer House getting 2 stars.

You may guess my source but doubtful you would get my sources source. I will not be disclosing either :raz:

edit disclosure: Midsummer house 2 not 1 star

Edited by Matthew Grant (log)

i don't know, and think an outside bet seeing germain is lessening his day to day involvement, but it would be nice to see winteringham fields get a 3rd.

it certainly wouldn't be undeserved and it has all the trappings you would associate with a true 3 *

cheers

gary

you don't win friends with salad

Am pleased about Morgan M, good news for North London! Does Petrus have a start at the moment? Or have they come straight in at 2 owing to former stars?

Currently one star.

I should stress that these are not official, I'm hoping that they will be proved correct tomorrow. But my source confirmed Midsummer House just as the other thread (BLH?) did so I'm feeling pretty confident that they are correct.

Maybe this thread will force Michelin to release the results a day early? :raz::laugh:

my source confirmed Midsummer House just as the other thread (BLH?) did

not me - also - I've never heard of midsummer house - where it is it, who's the chef?

le manoir 3 stars - hmm - so that's what a 600 pound salad gets you these days

Who are the 3 contenders? (Please excuse my ignorance of dining in Birmingham)

Lived there for 5 years before moving to where I am now to do my own thing, so saw Birmingham rise from having nowhere decent to eat to a great selection nowadays. As there's no starred places in the whole city, the three contenders (and I've eaten in all three) are

Glynn Purnell at Jessica's. Slightly daring food with some combinations that work and some that fail to hit the mark

Pat McDonald at Paris. Sheer decadence both in the food and the surroundings

Luke Tipping/Andreas Antona at the recently moved Simpsons. They had a star already in their previous Kenilworth location.

My money's on Paris, but I'd like to see Jessica's get one, as he's already won the AA restaurant of the year for outside London. Fingers crossed (and he's a mate)

My money's on Paris, but I'd like to see Jessica's get one, as he's already won the AA restaurant of the year for outside London. Fingers crossed (and he's a mate)

Give him a ring and see if he's been told :wink:

Give him a ring and see if he's been told :wink:

Good idea! :rolleyes: I guess if I ring to have his Sous tell me he's down the pub, then that's my question answered!