• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All I want for Christmas is? wish lists to die for

As someone famous once said, "My needs are simple - I want the best!"

Actually, Santa, I'd love a Gas Jenn-air range to replace my woefully underpowered builder grade stove.

A month in Tuscany with the woman I love to share it with me. :wub:

And when we get a back from Tuscany, a re-arranged life that affords me more time to actually cook. (I'll bet I'm not the only one that would like this!)

Santa, I've upped the ante. I've left you Rum Balls and your milk is mixed with Kaluha. (You might want a designated elf driver :raz: ).

Porthos Potwatcher

The Unrelenting Carnivore

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Dear Santa,

this time next year, I'll be living in a hostel.

Do you think you could guarantee that my hostel will have a reasonable kitchen? I can buy my own handmixer and pots and pans and utensils, but I'd like stoves that will turn on for me (some stoves just don't like me) and a reliable oven.

I know I've not been the best little girl in the world this year, but Santa, if it doesn't happen, I'm going to starve.

Actually, I'm just going to settle for the parents letting me live in self-catering housing. Please Santa?

I'll send you extra cookies at Christmas every year too.

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

I already got my trip to Paris last week...

I think the tree will be bare

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

A kitchen big enough so that having a full size refrigerator (instead of the small dorm type) wouldn't mean losing half my counter space!

A garden free of #%*)@ Ailanthus trees (yeah, this is culinary related, they suck all the water out of the soil so that half my vegetables grew stunted!)

An eating trip to Malaysia!

"Los Angeles is the only city in the world where there are two separate lines at holy communion. One line is for the regular body of Christ. One line is for the fat-free body of Christ. Our Lady of Malibu Beach serves a great free-range body of Christ over angel-hair pasta."

-Lea de Laria

A bright, easy to maintain & efficient kitchen with:

strong overhead fan system

small commercial range

small grill

salamander

a small deck oven

a couple of under counter refrigerator drawers

a glass fronted reach in refrigerator

reach in freezer

a small proof box

a small hobart mixer

two large prep counters, one topped with butcher block top & with stainless steel

deep stainless steel double sink

a seperate dish-washing sink complete w/overhead sprayer nozzle

small commercial dish machine

tile floors with drains

But back to reality. . . here's a more attainable list:

a whole bunch of demeyere pans & pots

a couple of lodge cast iron dutch ovens

heavy duty pressure cooker

a pasta roller

a gelato making machine

plumbed in espresso machine

heavy duty vacuum-sealing machine

Santa:

Please send me a $1,000 gift certificate to e-cookbooks.

An awareness in my family that empty boxes should be not in the cupboard, but in the recycling bin. While you're at it, remind them that the grocery list has been on the fridge door for almost three decades now, and that they can add items to it.

But, most important, Santa, please bring me a self-cleaning kitchen floor.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

I was looking through this thread from the beginning, and I see that in 2004, I wished for a kitchenaid mixer. I must have been a good girl, because I did get one for Christmas that year!

I still haven't gotten a remodeled kitchen, though, so I can still wish for that, or any new Le Creuset pieces.

The self-cleaning kitchen and floor is at the top of my wish list, however.

Please, Santa Baby? :wub:

I don't mind the rat race, but I'd like more cheese.

I was looking through this thread from the beginning, and I see that in 2004, I wished for a kitchenaid mixer.  I must have been a good girl, because I did get one for Christmas that year!

Gee, I never thought of doing this! Using this thread as an assessment tool .. a gauge to answer the eternal question "How am I doing?" :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"