• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Pizza at Home/Homemade Pizza

beans

23 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Thank you.  If I can bother you again, can you give me the measurement of yours, including and excluding the rim?  I want to make sure I order the right size.  My stone is 11.5" wide, 12" with the rim.

No bother at all.  11" inside measure, 11-3/4" outside meas.

35 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

That size doesn't show in your link.  Did you get yours from Amazon?

Yes.  Although they call it 12 inches.  It's slightly under so it would fit a 12" opening.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, I tried something I've never tried before:

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.88ffc5c1d8bc42500c051f072aa39ec3.jpeg

Pan pizza - with a dough from Ken Forkish (overnight pizza dough).  I didn't quite get the stretch I wanted; his recipe called for a 9" cast-iron - this is a larger pan, but the closest I had.

It was very good, topped with smushed Bianco tomatoes, some shredded mozzarella, and Parmesan. (Here's a tip - don't touch the pan).

Also did another flatbread at the same time, in a sheet pan, in order to stretch it further and make it thinner. Didn't use any mozzarella on the rectangular one, just tomatoes, oregano, and some Parmesan.

IMG_1387.thumb.jpeg.b97b06f5107bd2218c4feb782a47bf83.jpeg

Not bad...

IMG_1388.thumb.jpeg.f6cb8624247308551b1f591998d3cd6c.jpeg

Edited by weinoo (log)
  • Like 7
  • Delicious 3

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 1 month later...