• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fink's Funky Chicken and Ribs Catering

finker99

Ahem...I've not been to even ONE bachelor party. But I have a dirty mind, so I just figured I'd comment! :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

hi guys

just found this on the city search on AOL they are having a vote on best BBQ in jersey

http://aolsvc.digitalcity.com/northjersey/...oting&tab=local

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Hello,

Do you like the idea of fried turkey for thanksgiving but don't want the hassle of brine, injection, disposing of 5 gallons of peanut oil, burning down your deck (As a volunteer firefighter I went to a call with a 7 foot pillar of flame coming off of someone's turkey fryer last year). Then call up Fink's and order a fried turkey for pick up hot and fresh on thanksgiving. We also have all sorts of sides: corn cake, sourdough giblet stuffing, homemade gravy, bread pudding and more!! Check out the full menu at http://finksfunky.net/thanksgiving.htm

Thanks!!

Fink

The best part of the Guiniea Pig? The Cheeks! Definately the cheeks!!

Wow so today IS the day before thanksgiving, right? So I recieved two orders for turkeys TODAY. A little procrastination. Anyway, we definately plan to open thursdays starting in December or January (depending on my pending back surgery(hooray turn 30 and you just fall apart)) The wednesday night before our grand re opening will also see the begining of a monthly event, a prix fix, two seating dinner at Fink's, about 14 people per seating. The first menu will be giant family style menu full of Fink's favorites with a whole pig and whole briskets carved at the counter. Future menus we are looking at are a shellfish bonanza, game meals, sausage tastings, and many other exciting meals(Suggestions welcome). I will post dates and menus on E-gullet a few days before I post to my general lists so you guys get first dibs on reservations. Thanks again for all of your support and we look forward to seeing you guys when we do reopen our doors.

Fink :smile:

Wow! Great news that you are re-opening! I thought that high prices and rent closed you up, but it is very good to hear that you will reopen soon!! Will that great smoked chicken and homemade soup still be on the menu? Welcome back!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK a multi-faceted self serving post here.

First: Next week we will be picking the date for our first monthly BBQ Bash and our first Thursday opening. Both likely to be in January (it depends on when my back surgery is scheduled.)

Second: We currently accept most orders with two days notice and are available for holiday parties, fried or smoked turkeys, and of course our whole BBQ pigs.

Third: We are shilling for votes on city guide for the areas best bbq, please go and vote, hopefuly for us at City Guide Voting Page

Fourth: Happy Holidays!!!

Fink

OK, here's the scoop,

The official opening date is Thursday January 20th. Wednesday January 19th there will be a fixed price family style banquet at the counter featuring quail, pig, brisket and some other Fink's favorites. The take out menu will have many items off of our old menu but many others didn't make the cut. I tried to get us closer to our bbq roots without forgeting that I am in Bergen County. All of the old BBQ items made the cut as did our hand cut french fries. Salads and burgers did not. I do plan on bringing old favorites in as specials and I will post them here so it will be possible to get a barberueben or cheesesteak at some point (OK rachel and tommy?) So, I will post the menu as soon as it is finalized probably in the next week or so and if you would like onto the store's mailing or fax lists email me at finksfunky@aol.com. The web site will be updated with our 'public' announcement.

Fink

PS

Check out our holiday menu (to be posted tonight) and don't forget us in your Super Bowl plans.

PPS Nothing Say's I love you like a Fink's Gift Certificate.

PPPS Or just some Fink's BBQ

We're thinking of making a Fink's run for our Superbowl party this year. Is there going to be a special ordering process?

Too bad you don't do buffalo wings, or we could come to you for one-stop-shopping.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

They aren't doing wings anymore? Finks had good wings. Perhaps he'll include them as part of a Superbowl party package?

If they did do wings, I didn't realize. I certainly didn't mean to make an untrue statement. If Fink's does indeed do wings, my sincerest apologies

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

• 1 month later...

Is the restaurant still scheduled to open on Jan 20? Things have been quiet for a while, I'm getting nervous! Also, if you're reading this Fink, will you still be doing wings on the regular menu? Thanks for any info! Looking forward to the reopening!

I suspected as much when he didn't respond to the Hot Dog Run posts!

GET WELL SOON, Fink!!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Fink is done?!?

I'd hoped for a full recovery, but I guess that health concerns have taken their toll. This is disappointing.

Get well soon!!!

From Fink's website:

A Final Message to all of our Loyal Customers:

Due to overwhelming health concerns, Fink's will not be reopening as planned. We would like to thank all of you for your feedback, patronage and friendship. Never give up on authentic barbeque in North Jersey! Help keep it alive by patronizing restaurants like Stickey's in Teaneck, Indigo Smoke in Montclair and the Barbecue Pit in Bergenfield.

Edited by hitmanoo (log)