• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for chicken marsala

Frances Marie

Recipe? I wing it. My father never shared his method with me except I learned you need decent marsala and a heavy hand with the bottle.

Cut chicken breasts into cubes about 2-3 cm diameter. Dredge in flour, salt, and pepper. Brown. Pull chicken out. Turn down heat and saute chopped onions with salt and pepper to taste. Chopped shallots are nice, too but I think using only shallots is too much so a mixture with onions if you go that way. When onions are soft add sliced mushrooms and chopped garlic and cook until soft. glug in, oh, a third to half bottle of marsala per 2 breast halves and deglaze the pan. The flour from the chicken should be enough to thicken the sauce. Adjust salt and pepper. Serve over pasta.

Keep it simple.

Edited by haresfur
Forgot the mushrooms and garlic (log)
  • Like 1

It's almost never bad to feed someone.