• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An American Grill Wine Dinner 4/21

Rosie

As a Grill regular (who soon should be eligible for an equity position in the place) and a new lurker that Lou was referring to- this is my first post!  Have heard of some of Lou's egullet experiences and look forward to joining you all one day!  So Lou, for the 21st, which category am I- egullett crew or Grill regular!

Dude, being we have the football pool dinner the next night which will most of the same products that I'll use for the e-gullet dinner I advise you stop by for a drink at least. Though The Rock will get us in trouble late.

DiMarco choked in the Masters. Who had Michelson?

See ya tomorrow. By the way, You are and always be a Grill regular.

Edited by Lreda (log)

List as of 4/12.

This is the list as of 4/7

Rosie and Lowell --2 Reconfirmed

Curlz 1--Reconfirmed

Glenn 1--Reconfirmed

suzilightning 1

Phil and guest 2--Reconfirmed

Zeman 1--Reconfirmed

Rossimania-1--Reconfirmed

Rock --1 Confirmed

David Brociner-definete/maybe 1

johnnybird --maybe

Tommy in +1, depending on date/etc.

Rachel and Jason --tentative

Ken Robinson-- 1 Reconfirmed

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

How about Weds April 21st. 7pm.

Let me talk to a few wine people and I'll get back to you. After I choose the wines I'll fomulate a menu. We'll take 30 people in my new party room.

Damn I saw this and thought "YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE" Now to my disappointment I'm going to miss it (coz we're back in NJ for a cple of weeks in March) and have to wait til we move back to NJ later this year to meet all you guys :sad:

Regards

Tom

StInGeR, I lookin at your blog, but no indication of if you might attend our little dinner. If you and V are available it'll be a good evening.

Lou

By the way, gotta close the egullet dinner by this Friday midnight so I can order. Slight change to the Maya Prawns, gonna wrap them with Serrano ham. Ken R. I know you don't want prawns, once again let me know what you'd like substituted and David, I know you're not a fan of pork so if you want I'll make a liitle risotto for you with the prawns. If not I'll do something else for you. I'll be in the kitchen preparing and will be sitting with you all. Now is the time to confirm and let me know if there are any othet dietary restrictions.

Good mushrooms are difficult to procur and I am heading to NYC tomorrow to pick up something that I won't to served with the short rib ravioli.

Bone-In Rib-Eye Steaks will be served with the main course as of now.

Lou

List as of 4/15. Please try to reconfirm by tomorrow as Lou has to go shopping! Davie--Lou is aware of your situation.

Curlz 1--Reconfirmed

Zeman 1--Reconfirmed

Rock --1 Reconfirmed

suzilightning 1--reconfirmed

Rachel and Jason --tentative

Tommy in +1, depending on date/etc.

johnnybird --maybe

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

ok- let's see if my computer wants to talk to your server this time.... :hmmm:

i'll be there.

we are waiting to see if john has to go to dc/va to do a high level briefing. we should know today(friday) monday at the latest.

btw - i have some hand rolled cigars from key west i brought back for after dinner if anyone is interested.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I'm good for a few puffs.

Yeah a few puffs huh. Last time i smoked a good hand rolled Key West cigar was in fact, yes, Key West. At Alice's LaTiDa's I enjoyed, while Sue was at the bar downstairs, a lovely conversation on the porch 4 stories above the bar with a lesbian over politics, a true hand rolled cigar Key West style. I was shocked to see she was more of a conservative than myself. A HUGE Bush supporter. No pun intended. She spent half her time in Key West and half in Texas, I believe Denton TX, only because I've won a lot of money the last 3 years betting North Texas University which I believe is in Denton.

List as of 4/17

Curlz 1--Reconfirmed

Zeman 1--Reconfirmed

Rock --1 Reconfirmed

suzilightning 1--reconfirmed

johnnybird --reconfirmed

Tommy confirmed 1 maybe 2

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

In addition to the dinner that evening, we will be filming a commercial for cable that evening so if anyone is camera shy let me know and we'll make sure that we don't film you.

Lou

In addition to the dinner that evening, we will be filming a commercial for cable that evening so if anyone is camera shy let me know and we'll make sure that we don't film you.

Lou

i'll eat in the kitchen

i do NOT like having my picture taken.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Lou, is there any specific dress code you'd like us to follow for the evening (considering that you're filming a commercial)?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

ok lou

don't worry about filming me - they'll just edit me out anyway. but if john gets up and starts dancing on the table i want pictures of that for their blackmail value :laugh:

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Okay, then--so it's fine if I wear my tiara? :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Lou

Have you run this by my agent???

A.D.S.

Lou

Have you run this by my agent???

Your agent? I'm worried about what eye candy you might bring. It could look like one of those 800 commercials that were shot in the Hoboken terminals with the "soap opera actresses" you know. :cool:

Edited by Lreda (log)