• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Impulse Buys at the Grocery Check-Out

SethG

Magazines if they are food related or if they promise to dig me out of my chaos and get me "Organized at Last"!

Or, "EAT THESE FOODS AND LOSE WEIGHT!"

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Orbit Gum

Not usually a gum chomper, but when you need some you need some. You know?

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

Whatever's there. Gum, candy, lighters, highlighters, pens, stickers, baseball cards, Better Homes and Gardens booklets, cat-astrology booklets, etc.

Noise is music. All else is food.

Always Vogue, food magazines and Shape (for exercise tips to work off the food!). I must seem like a walking oxymoron to the sales clerk. Also, trident gum, you can never have too many packs.

Am I the only person who doesn't get caught at the register?

I'll buy a Snickers every blue moon, but that's only when I'm getting a hunger headache, and there's no other food around that I can eat in under two minutes. But that's the only thing. And it's not an impulse.

We can't all have your self-control, Elyse. :smile: Patience is all we ask.

Edited in case anyone thought I might be serious.

Edited by SethG (log)

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;

but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"

2 words

Sweet

Tarts

The most perfect candy ever invented. No other ingredients to get in the way of the sugar.

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W