• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Oh, crap. I too was under the impression it was earlier in the afternoon...slkinsey and I have plans Saturday evening. POO.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

dude, if I go to Burger Club, there is no way I'd only be able to stay for an hour, eat a burger and leave. It's way too much fun.

Not to mention our plans include dinner...for which I'd actually need to be hungry.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

K

I am really surprised we have so few meeting this Saturday. Please come out of the woodwork?

Announcement: Tarka will be in from England the week of Thanksgiving. Since I am baking that week like a madwoman, I asked if we could an honorary Burger Club meeting to welcome our guest on the Friday following Thanksgiving. Meaning, the day after T day. Will anyone be able to make that? I'm in town, and I am

IN

Next Burger Club meeting will be a week from today at the Parker Meridian burger place.  118 West 57th, 212-245-5000.  Saturday the 8th, at 6:00.

What? Do I only have four people responding?

Hey, that's fine: thermometers enough for everyone!

As for Fri 11/28 -- we've got a show to go to that evening, but during the day would be fine. Especially for one of the most-traveled-just-to-eat members. :biggrin:

I am really surprised we have so few meeting this Saturday.  Please come out of the woodwork?

Announcement:  Tarka will be in from England the week of Thanksgiving.  Since I am baking that week like a madwoman, I asked if we could an honorary Burger Club meeting to welcome our guest on the Friday following Thanksgiving.  Meaning, the day after T day.  Will anyone be able to make that?  I'm in town, and I am

IN

I'll be out of town the day after Thanksgiving. :sad:

Sherri A. Jackson

As for Fri 11/28 -- we've got a show to go to that evening, but during the day would be fine. Especially for one of the most-traveled-just-to-eat members.  :biggrin:

Lunch would be around noon that Friday. If Friday's a bomb, Tuesday evening? Which would be better?

Woah, my post count was just 4444. Coool.

Edited by elyse (log)

I'm on the fence for this Saturday, but I will tip off one way or the other shortly. I may have been drafted into painting the new den already. As for 11/28, I will be in California. Sorry I will miss Tarka and the rest of the BC gang. Perhaps I'll find a worthy LA burger.

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

I've heard a bit about In N Out Burgers here on eGullet. I tend to avoid all fast food places, but maybe I'll give this a try. James Beach in Venice makes a good burger.

--mh

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

I'm not about to go through 21 pages of posts, but tonight I passed by a place called Better Burger on the NE corner of 8th ave and 19th. I automatically thought of BC. Has anyone suggested it yet? Maybe it's something to consider?

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

From Mr. Cutlets, we also have Veselka (yes, Veselka), Blue 9, Friar's Coffee Shop, and some place we don't know the name of next to the Old Homestead. Anything to say about any of them?

bergerka, want to add em?

As for Fri 11/28 -- we've got a show to go to that evening, but during the day would be fine. Especially for one of the most-traveled-just-to-eat members.  :biggrin:

Lunch would be around noon that Friday. If Friday's a bomb, Tuesday evening? Which would be better?

Woah, my post count was just 4444. Coool.

Tuesday night works for me (I think).

Sherri A. Jackson

and some place we don't know the name of next to the Old Homestead.

If it's on the south side of Old Homestead, it's the Red Light Bistro. J & I've been there for drinks a couple of times. Never ate.

Looking forward to seeing BCers again this weekend!

This concludes my semi-helpful post.

K.

and some place we don't know the name of next to the Old Homestead.

If it's on the south side of Old Homestead, it's the Red Light Bistro.

Thank you, Kirk, for confirming the name. Mr. C. wouldn't believe me. :sad: Maybe he has to hear it from a guy? :angry:

bloviatrix: yeah, that place has already been torn to shreds. I mentioned it after seeing the one on the East Side, and somebody said you can't even order by temperature. :shock: So what the hell good could it be?

adding the new ones to the list. Reminder: folks, if you have new suggestions for the location list, please PM me with 'em so that I'll remember to add 'em! Thanks!

Ok, slkinsey and I definitely cannot do either this Saturday OR the Friday after Thanksgiving (we have a brunch that Friday). Tuesday night before might be ok, though.

K

Good.

I'm kind of glad that this Saturday will be on the small side, as the PM doesn't take reservations, and we might not be able to sit together if we're as numerous as we usually are.