• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Hmm, how about a chocolate cheeseburger?

I was just watching Roker on the Road on the Food Network and I saw a woman make and eat a hamburger cupcake.

Her name is Clare Crespo and she likes to play with her food.

No hamburger cupcakes; but there's sushi cake, jello aquarium, monkey pops and some other stuff on her cute web site.

Ms Crespo-Chinlund's wedding announcement appears in today's NY Times Styles section.

She has an extensive career in design and multi-media arts, with numerous professional credits. The burger cupcake isn't mentioned in the wedding announcement...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Next Burger Club meeting will be a week from today at the Parker Meridian burger place.  118 West 57th, 212-245-5000.  Saturday the 8th, at 5:00.  Good?

Ah -- a reason to not overindulge at the International Hotel/Motel and Restaurant Show that day! :raz:

I'm in. Don't know yet about HWOE.

Hmm, how about a chocolate cheeseburger?

I was just watching Roker on the Road on the Food Network and I saw a woman make and eat a hamburger cupcake.

Her name is Clare Crespo and she likes to play with her food.

No hamburger cupcakes; but there's sushi cake, jello aquarium, monkey pops and some other stuff on her cute web site.

Ms Crespo-Chinlund's wedding announcement appears in today's NY Times Styles section.

She has an extensive career in design and multi-media arts, with numerous professional credits. The burger cupcake isn't mentioned in the wedding announcement...

Online version. How can the NY Times consider themselves the paper of record and not mention the hamburger cupcakes? :shock::angry:

It is kinda cool that she has a master's degree in film and experimental animation and she's playing with food.

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Next Burger Club meeting will be a week from today at the Parker Meridian burger place.  118 West 57th, 212-245-5000.  Saturday the 8th, at 5:00.  Good?

Ah -- a reason to not overindulge at the International Hotel/Motel and Restaurant Show that day! :raz:

WAIT! That's next Saturday? I'm at the show then. Can we reschedule?

What hours are you at the show?

Is Sunday bad?

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Inspired by Burger Club, I dragged my husband to RARE last night, which is on 37th & Lex, in the Drake Hotel.

Edit:  I forgot to mention one other noteworthy:  they have a truffleburger on the menu, priced at $22.

Kara,

Yesterday in Alba the going rate for truffles was EUR 4,000! What are they putting those burgers?

Essence of truffle?

Truffle oil?

Truffle shavings?

maybe they just hold the truffle near the pan when they are cooking the burger. truffle-by-association.

Joe, where is your Italy eating blog? Any burgers there?

I can't make the burger club on 11/8. Will be in Wisconsin that week visiting friends. Oh well, at least Elyse won't have to worry about my being a no-show. :wink:

Next Burger Club meeting will be a week from today at the Parker Meridian burger place.  118 West 57th, 212-245-5000.  Saturday the 8th, at 6:00.

What? Do I only have four people responding?

Edited by elyse (log)