• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

The thing is, if we start letting everyone choose whatever the hell they want from the menu, it will totally be a social club, and then, I'm out. It's not Social Club, it's BURGER Club. Just my opinion.

Sherri,

I'll gladly share my pickle with you.

:shock: OK, now that just sounds dirty.

A proper gentleman always shares his pickle with a fair maiden.

It's ensconced in the chivalry code of honor.

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Yeah, but he's not really a member of the Burger Club, just a guest tagging along. I like Paul, he should be able to come. Hmm, how's about if he sits at his own table off to the side?  :wink:

I like Paul too! And my first instinct is to say he should definitely come along. But then I took a look down the road, and friends would come and eat salads, and then gulleteers would decide they don't really feel like a burger and they'd just have some poppers, and then I'd have to be a bitch again, and it would be total anarchy! Do we want that at this early date?

Suzanne, I love you!

...can we have poppers too? I love them, especially the ones with cream cheese in 'em...

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

I think that non-burger eaters should be allowed to tag along to the Burger Club.

BUT....they are not allowed to opine about anything. They must sit quietly with hands folded primly in laps. They must eat with silverware. They must say "please" and "thank you." Carnivores have final say on everything, and first dibs on the ketchup.

No burger, no opinion. :laugh:

...can we have poppers too?  I love them, especially the ones with cream cheese in 'em...

We can order those as a side dish. Along with a plateful of bacon. :wub:

Perhaps we should have an off-shoot of Burger Club...Bacon Club! And maybe we could have a Fry Auxiliary to the Burger Club.

Edited by sherribabee (log)
Sherri A. Jackson

...can we have poppers too?  I love them, especially the ones with cream cheese in 'em...

Perhaps we should have an off-shoot of Burger Club...Bacon Club! And maybe we could have a Fry Auxiliary to the Burger Club.

Poppers and bacon? You're my kinda gal! :cool:

ARTISANAL BACON????? *drooling*

*drooling*

*drooling*

*drooling*

*continuing to get drool all over keyboard*

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Poppers and bacon? You're my kinda gal! :cool:

ARTISANAL BACON????? *drooling*

*drooling*

*drooling*

*drooling*

*continuing to get drool all over keyboard*

K

Did you have jmcgrath's stuffed jalapenos with bacon on top at the potluck? :wub:

OT, but I'm really curious as to how the bacon chocolate chip cookies tasted.  :blink: Were they salty? Sweet? Had bits of bacon in them, or was bacon grease just used in place of butter?

Ling, I'vew been trying to do this for 24 hours. It's Fink's place, and it's in NJ forums.

Rachel, I think Fink said he substituted a tablespoon of fat for butter.

Wow. After reading that thread I am incredibly hungry for BBQed pulled pork or ribs.

The closest thing I have in the fridge is some cold roast beef deli meat.

*cries*

The bacon chocolate chip cookies sound interesting, though. I've read that you're quite the legendary baker, elyse! Do you have a recipe in the archive to share? I've been using Anna Olson's recipe from www.foodtv.ca for about a year and so far it's my favorite, but I'm looking to try some different cookie recipes.

Maybe I'll go start a thread right now... :biggrin:

Edited by Ling (log)

Me? Legendary? Shaw.... I've no recipes in the archive yet. Are you looking for chocolate chips?

If I were you, I'd fry up that roast beef in butter with some onions, salt and lots of pepper. :wub:

Edited by elyse (log)