• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

I won't be able to attend the event on the 25th. I'm flying that morning to California to visit my step-daughter. That means it will be only 4 o'clock when you are dining. :wacko: I'll be getting drooled on by my step-puppy, Luigi the bulldog :wub:

edit: he's a bulldog, not a bullgog

Edited by MHesse (log)

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

Okay, everybody, Elyse emailed me that she's having trouble getting on eG tonight. So even if you pm'd her that you'll be attending the next OFFICIAL meeting of the BC on Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 7:00pm at Landmark Tavern (11th Avenue and 46th Street), please pm me ASAP to reconfirm. Sorry for the inconvenience. :sad: Thank you for your support.

Mr. C: You keep thinking about Blue Smoke because it is one hell of a burger! Mmmmmmmm.

Thanks, Suzanne. I don't know what it is, but I keep getting Page cannot be displayes, and cannot find server. No idea what the problem is.

The reason we might switch to Blue Smoke is that landmark will serve us burgers and seat us together for the most part if we have enough people, like between our usual 12 - 15. We're just not getting that this time around, so I may have no choice.

So far, I only have nine confirmed, and that includes pnapoli + 1 which was a while ago. (Pie too)?

Edited by elyse (log)

Well I made it to North Carolina. One of these days, I'll make it to New York, ....and Chicago........so many places, so little time :rolleyes:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

If I say I'm not, will you carry me? :biggrin:

Yes, I am all better now. I promise not to bring the RV to New York. One less thing to fall out of :blink: and potentially kill myself. Besides, I think we are trading it up this weekend. :cool:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Good. We have 15 as of this moment. :smile: Landmark it is! If there are any cancellations, please tell me in advance, or call the restaurant so we don't wait and wait for you. Actually, I think it's a good idea this time if we scatter our orders a bit so the grill isn't hit with 15 burgers at once, and we're not hit with wrong orders. Good?

Tuesday the 25th at 7 pm

Landmark Tavern - 626 11th Avenue, corner of 11th and 46th St., 212-757-8595.

If it's open then, you can stop across the street and get barbecue at Daisy Mays to keep you sustained between BC on Tuesday and Thanksgiving on Thursday. Have fun.

--mark

If it's open then, you can stop across the street and get barbecue at Daisy Mays to keep you sustained between BC on Tuesday and Thanksgiving on Thursday. Have fun.

Now let's see. Daisy May's closes at 5PM. What can I do at Landmark Tavern until 7PM?

:laugh::laugh:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite

Good. We have 15 as of this moment. :smile: Landmark it is! If there are any cancellations, please tell me in advance, or call the restaurant so we don't wait and wait for you. Actually, I think it's a good idea this time if we scatter our orders a bit so the grill isn't hit with 15 burgers at once, and we're not hit with wrong orders. Good?

Tuesday the 25th at 7 pm

Landmark Tavern - 626 11th Avenue, corner of 11th and 46th St., 212-757-8595.

I'm in for tuesday if we don't already have too many people.

It will be good to have a burger right before the turkey feasting begins.

Joe

So, did you go?

Were you replying to me or Jamie?

I think Jamie was refering to a plan of his for next week.

I went to Daisy May's last month. Wrote about it somewhere but can't find it. Oh yeah - it's in what did you have for lunch thread. Anyway, I had just had lunch at Delta Grill on 46th and 9th. Walked to Daisy May, got pulled pork sandwich and KC ribs and beans. Took 2 days just to eat the ribs. Sandwich would have been better had I ate it sooner.

{still have trouble with color not in crayon form}

Edited by MHesse (log)

--mark