• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Panini Sandwiches

TheMan,TheMyth

Where in NJ can I find a good Panini sandwich??

I have had an unbelievable craving for pressed sandwiches recently.  I hope I'm not pregnant!!

Recommendations??

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

I'm not sure, maybe Garfield. I'll check for you. I know the feeling; recently made a monstrous muffuletta to satiate the craving.

I think the word Panini here might mean different things to different people. In an Italian deli, they just mean "sandwiches". You mention pressed sandwiches, I think this is more commonly known as a "Croque Monsieur", usually with some type of melted cheese.

Nordstrom's cafe used to make a pressed Croque Monsieur type sandwich, but I haven't been in quite a while. You might have to go to the city....

Will a Cuban sandwich do? If so, try Sabor Latino on Monroe St in Passaic.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

Will a Cuban sandwich do? If so, try Sabor Latino on Monroe St in Passaic.

Migdalias Cuban Cafe, also in Bergenfield, makes a helluva sangweech. And you can go to Custardthing to compare and have ice cream afterwards.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Il Forno in Montclair just opened a small restaurant on South Fullerton (I think it's on that street - right around the corner from Church St) & I believe they have pannini.

oh, they have panini all right. don't forget the original location on bellevue ave. i am addicted to their panini--i have to have one a couple times a month. try the turkey, provolone, pesto & balsalmic. :wub: that's amore!