• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Worst Kitchen Product Ideas - v.2024

weinoo

The only thing that I can figure out that MIA stands for is missing in action and what is missing in action is common sense. Besides that. 20 bottles? I would need 4 racks. I'd have a new full-time career just managing my spice apps.

Edited by Tropicalsenior (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Definitely a case of a solution looking for a problem - they need to keep looking

They say "Be The First In Line" - I would very much doubt that they have a line at all

p

Edited by palo
spelling (log)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

odder then odd.

what does it mean 

the spices can be individualized during the buying process ?'

so , the idea is :

on your Smart Phone , ( iPhone , please _)

the is a Spice App , 

while in front of the Spice Rack 

you select  ' oregano '  and the jar of oregano ' light up  ?

somebody had been hitting The Dispensary

too often Id think.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think it's just somebody's convoluted way of saying you can order it with whatever spices you want.

It seems we are now contending with a generation that thinks that everything must be done with an app. They are all dead in the water if the power goes off or the Wi-Fi goes out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

it'll take longer to input the recipe (i.e. what spices you need . . . ) than it takes to find them.

. . . . just counted . . . 45 dry spices in my cabinet + liquid stuff (stored separate area)

I suppose it could work if you only cook by QR codes.

my cabinet . . . left is "newly installed" . . . right is reality . . .

combo1.thumb.jpg.13474b482d06f274c95fb4d01d3ae5f3.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlaMoi said:

just counted . . . 45 dry spices

I've got you beat! I just counted 86 bottles. Some Are Spice mixes and a few are large backup spice bottles. I'm not even going to try to photograph them because some are in my freezer, a lot are in my refrigerator door and only the ones that I use the most often are in the open in my kitchen. And when I need any one of them I know exactly where they are, no blinking lights for me, please.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

It seems we are now contending with a generation that thinks that everything must be done with an app.

Gen Z - born into a world with full access to the internet, right from their very start. First iPhones were around 2007.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?