• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cosori Air Fryer Recall - US, Canada, Mexico

DesertTinker

I received this within the past hour.

Dear Amazon Customer,

We write to notify you of a potential safety concern with a product that you purchased on Amazon.com.

Please review the Recalls and Product Safety Alerts page for further details : https://www.amazon.com/your-product-safety-alerts

Product: COSORI Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo, Max Xl Large Cooker with 100 Recipes, One-Touch Screen with 11 Presets and Shake Reminder, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Detachable Square Basket, (Black, 5.8 QT)

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has informed us that the product listed may not meet current mandatory or voluntary safety standards.

If you still have this product, we urge you to stop using it immediately.

More details, including what you should do and where you can seek assistance, can be found in the following notification: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Two-Million-COSORI-Air-Fryers-Recalled-by-Atekcity-Due-to-Fire-and-Burn-Hazards.

If you made this purchase for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information.

The safety and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority. We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

Edited by DesertTinker (log)
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Damn I think there are two in my house. One that is mine and one that is my granddaughter's. Thanks for this. I am looking into it or at least she is!

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Damn I think there are two in my house. One that is mine and one that is my granddaughter's. Thanks for this. I am looking into it or at least she is!

So  mine falls under the recall but the one my granddaughter has, although I thought they were identical, does not. She acquired hers months later. 

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

I saw a news release about this

but can't find the ref.  now.

it seems you take a picture of your possible

defective unit , and then you are sent a new  one.

and get to get rid of the old one , because you  done send it back.

a couple of connections occasionally over heated and started a fire.

found this :

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/24/business/cosori-air-fryer-recall.html

2 million being recalled !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rotuts said:

I saw a news release about this

but can't find the ref.  now.

it seems you take a picture of your possible

defective unit , and then you are sent a new  one.

and get to get rid of the old one , because you  done send it back.

a couple of connections occasionally over heated and started a fire.

found this :

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/24/business/cosori-air-fryer-recall.html

2 million being recalled !

According to the faqs page you don't even have to still  own the unit. Even if you have discarded it you are entitled to whatever of the replacements you choose. I was away from home when this whole thing came about so I will  tackle it  later next week. 

• Thanks 1

My 2004 eG Blog

I just received an email from the Amazon health and safety team telling me that the Cosori air fryer I purchased from them has been recalled. I thought that was pretty good customer service. I am not going to do too much about it until next week when I will investigate what I need to do to get it replaced because I do not want to not have my air fryer.  

Edited by Anna N
Typo (log)
  • Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

Two things – – I must have misread about people who no longer own their air fryer. And it is quite a performance to get all the information they need in order to register your unit that has been recalled. Without a friend here to do the grunt work of turning the thing upside down and taking three photographs and cutting wires etc. I'm sure I would never have managed this. I feel sorry for people who are not as fortunate. Anyway we shall wait and see if a new one shows up because with the wires cut the other one is kind of useless. But they insist that I keep it around I guess until I get my replacement in case I decide to rewire it? Will they need more pictures to prove that I really do have it and it's really been disabled? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My 2004 eG Blog

@Anna N 

I know nothing of this company , or 

how it has managed to deal with this problem.

2 million units is quite a few 

and w current digital tech 

it seems possible the company is trying to 

eliminate ' fraud '   

Id think , a certain percentage of the 2 million

will never get a reply for the replacement 

some time ago

there was the cuisinart blade recall .

very different sort of thing 

I was pleasantly surprised 

how easy it was for me to get 

a replacement , and a replacement for

a spare blade I purchased    

as one sharper than my day to day blade.

Im hoping your new unit arrives 

w/o difficulties

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Anna N said:

…Will they need more pictures to prove that I really do have it and it's really been disabled? 

I think the idea behind keeping it is in case the photos submitted aren’t clear  enough or weren’t taken showing what they need to see. We all know how people are about following directions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DesertTinker said:

@Anna N& @kaybI received an email from Cosori asking me to confirm the shipping address that I submitted and stating that I could properly dispose of the recalled unit. The replacement will ship within 48 hours. 😃

Nice. My email said it would take them five days to determine if I was entitled! That is after even Amazon told me I was. 

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

16 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Nice. My email said it would take them five days to determine if I was entitled! That is after even Amazon told me I was. 

I got the five days thing too, apparently it isn’t taking that long. Hopefully you’ll have your approval before end of this week.

2 hours ago, DesertTinker said:

I got the five days thing too, apparently it isn’t taking that long. Hopefully you’ll have your approval before end of this week.

Isn't it funny yet all too common but the minute I no longer have it I desperately need it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My 2004 eG Blog

Well… that certainly took a bit of faffing about, but I did as instructed and begin awaiting word.

• Like 2

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.

This is now becoming annoying beyond reason! Cosori have now informed me that my model number is not one of those recalled. It is indeed one of those recalled. They are asking me to re-input all that information that they requested the first time. I am so angry. I have no air fryer because the cord is cut as they requested and now they are giving me a hard time about replacing it. I will try calling them when their phone lines open this morning..

Edited by Anna N
Typos (log)
  • Sad 5

My 2004 eG Blog

First, @Anna N I’m sorry you’re having difficulties getting your replacement. Second, I received mine today via UPS.
FYI , the drawer/basket is interchangeable between the units, could be handy for sequential cooking, or just as a backup part.

Thanks both for your good wishes and your suggestion. I am absolutely furious at the moment. They are clearly using AI to read the photographs and have done nothing to address the volume of calls that they should  have expected. You cannot even wait on line. 

• Sad 2

My 2004 eG Blog

So today I was actually able to stay on the line for 35 minutes when I was able to speak to a representative for at least as long as that. I am not sure anything has been resolved. I was told to keep an eye on my email in case they needed additional information to complete the transaction. The person I spoke with was very patient but I could recognize in her voice that she was perhaps not enjoying this job! My call was routed to the USA so that I was speaking with an American representative who was having difficulty with my Canadian address but we did resolve it. With so many recalled in Canada you think they might have a Canadian set up to deal with the recall.  I suspect that Cosori is liable to lose quite a number of fans over this. They might save an awful lot of money by just settling most of these claims quickly and assuming that most people are honest. But what do I know?

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

I'm a scofflaw I guess. Our Insignia air fryer was recalled about a year ago and when I read about the hoops I would have to jump through to return it, I decided to keep it. I am always in the kitchen when the air fryer is on, and I use it on our island which is far from anything that might be flammable, so I decided I would take my chances. One year later it is still working fine and no fires. Not saying everyone should take this route, just that I did and I'm here to tell the tale.

On 3/7/2023 at 2:25 PM, Anna N said:

So today I was actually able to stay on the line for 35 minutes when I was able to speak to a representative for at least as long as that. I am not sure anything has been resolved. I was told to keep an eye on my email in case they needed additional information to complete the transaction. The person I spoke with was very patient but I could recognize in her voice that she was perhaps not enjoying this job! My call was routed to the USA so that I was speaking with an American representative who was having difficulty with my Canadian address but we did resolve it. With so many recalled in Canada you think they might have a Canadian set up to deal with the recall.  I suspect that Cosori is liable to lose quite a number of fans over this. They might save an awful lot of money by just settling most of these claims quickly and assuming that most people are honest. But what do I know?

Well apparently my claim is still under review. I just spoke to another representative today and she says it takes at least a week to review a claim. This is "unacceptable in my eyes. I have a useless air fryer occupying space and no idea when I might have one that is actually functional.  I think Cosori will pay dearly for this if it's happening too many others.

• Sad 5

My 2004 eG Blog