• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How NOT to Cook a Chicken

weinoo

Some people don't love sous vide. Some people love their Anovas; others their CSOs. Some have grills; others simple kitchens.

But I'm gonna take a stab here, and make a guess, that not a single one of us has ever cooked a chicken like this.

3 Visitors Banned From Yellowstone After Cooking Chickens in Hot Spring

Mr. Romriell, an ophthalmologist in Idaho Falls, Idaho, said in an interview on Tuesday that he hadn’t been aware that he was doing anything wrong. He took monthly camping trips as a scout master in Idaho for several years, he said, and each time, his troop tried creative ways of cooking their meals — something Mr. Romriell described as “how to not rough it while roughing it.”

They made milkshakes out of raspberry or huckleberry fruit they found while hiking, he said, or tied hot dogs to a rope and put them into hot springs to boil while they swam nearby.

Also, if you need your eyes examined in Idaho Falls, ID - pick another doctor, cause this one ain't that smart.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Well, no, but we visited some hot springs in Japan and ate eggs boiled in them. Had to buy them already boiled, though; they wouldn't let you boil your own.

Minerals in the water turned the shells black as the ace of spades. I was hesitant, but when peeled, the egg was fine. Tasted salty. Eating them is supposed to add seven years to your life. I asked if I could eat 2 and get another seven years, but was told it didn't work that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com