• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Latest Must-Have

boilsover

I'm kind of kidding. I can't be the only person who has put a smoothie in their chamber vacuum to pull out excess air. And I KNOW that I'm not the only one who has put a fluid gel into a chamber vacuum to get the air out added by blending. 

But as far as the supposed health or nutritional benefits of vacuum blending vs ordinary blending go.... I'm going to file those claims under "Snake Oil."

FWIW, if I was going to get a vacuum blender, the Tribest would be my choice. But that ain't never going to happen because this is a stupid product category.

Edited by btbyrd (log)

14 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Want to buy a crystal?

Please, please tell me you are not attempting to compete with Gwyneth Paltrow. 

• Haha 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog