• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

cdh

Precision induction: Tasty Onetop

1 hour ago, MelissaH said:

And if you do make it before the lake effect picks up, please yell!

Assuming you live in that neck of the woods,  i surely will!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 12:07 PM, ElsieD said:

Thanks, @rotuts  mine will get shipped to my niece's house in Syracuse but I should have it by Christmas.  You will likely get yours before me so I'll be eagerly awaiting to hear what you have to say about it.  Hope it's good.  I just thought of something.  Depending on when she gets it, and the weather, a trip to Syracuse may be in order.  I could likely squeeze in a trip to Trader Joe's!xD

Glad to see I'm not the only Canadian chomping at the bit for the OneTop! Getting mine shipped to my friend in Portland, and she's sending it up to me. Can't wait! I hope the dimensions of the burner that were emailed to me are true, as I find it hard to find a decent sized induction portable in Canada. 

• Like 1

On the portable induction front, I was just in Ikea the other day and noticed that they are selling a very pretty portable induction  hob for $45...  Looks pretty spiffy. IKEA Tillreda induction cooktop

• Like 3