• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

17 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Sad that so many of you can't find duck or it's mega-expensive. Here it is one of the cheapest meats - at least half the price of chicken. I eat it often because I like it, but cheapness doesn't hurt. I also almost always buy duck eggs  -also cheaper than chicken's babies and, in my opinion, much better.

I like dark meat. Ducks, 100% dark meat.

I like duck eggs, they are larger and the yolks are also much larger than chicken eggs.

You can find in NYC stores duck tongues. Interesting, one day I will buy some. You can find smoked ducks. 

I also like duck liver sausage.

Another interesting thing in NYC stores, deboned duck feet. How do they do that?!

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

13 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Sad that so many of you can't find duck or it's mega-expensive. Here it is one of the cheapest meats - at least half the price of chicken. I eat it often because I like it, but cheapness doesn't hurt. I also almost always buy duck eggs  -also cheaper than chicken's babies and, in my opinion, much better.

I like dark meat. Ducks, 100% dark meat.

I like duck eggs, they are larger and the yolks are also much larger than chicken eggs.

You can find in NYC stores duck tongues. Interesting, one day I will buy some.

dcarch