• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

John got back Tuesday and is leaving today but we had two dinners together...

coq au vin with boiled potatoes(John's request) on wednesday

baked pork chops with sautéed zucchini and mashed sweet potatoes last night

The pork chops were a revelation.  Found them in a local farmers market the other day.  They are pasture raised from a local farm and were some of the best I have had in a while.  I will be buying them again.

Forgot to add that I used the pan juices from the pork chops with a bit of water and several tiny forelle pears to make a sauce.  Chops were great without the sauce but the sauce was sublime.  I kept the leftovers for me....I'm going to top the last of the mashed sweets with the pan sauce.:x

suzilightning

suzilightning

John got back Tuesday and is leaving today but we had two dinners together...

coq au vin with boiled potatoes(John's request) on wednesday

baked pork chops with sautéed zucchini and mashed sweet potatoes last night

The pork chops were a revelation.  Found them in a local farmers market the other day.  They are pasture raised from a local farm and were some of the best I have had in a while.  I will be buying them again.