• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

4 hours ago, lindag said:

I missed that recipe and I'd love to try it.  Can someone point me to it, please?

Here you go: Anna's Chicken Casserole

@Ann_T – those arancini are truly amazing looking.  One of my favorite foods and I’ve never made them!

A very plain dinner tonight that turned out to be really good.  Two hour green beans that were as good as 4 hour beans (of course, I boiled the neck bones for an hour before adding the beans):

DSCN7587-001.JPG.b41bd1550927eb6c168fd38e51f527ba.JPG

A pan of Jiffy cornbread (I did coat the pan with Benton’s bacon grease):

DSCN7588.JPG.7b279d5e191125182c8889da24181438.JPG

And, as my magnum opus to my recent dull meals – Shake and Bake chicken (:$) and sweet potatoes:

DSCN7589.JPG.1fb6efcb4e351e7ffda0fbb5ade1de93.JPG

I did not grow up eating Shake and Bake and was amazed when @Marlene confessed to using it and liking it a lot.  I don’t use it often, but I do like it occasionally.  This time, I soaked it in Montgomery Inn (Cincinnati OH rib place) BBQ sauce before coating with the crumbs.  Everything was very good and comforting!  And this was dessert:

DSCN7590.JPG.4defeef8bf1604c15decbd1f5de24d82.JPG

:xMy favorite ice cream thing in the world (except for a Crunchie ice cream bar).

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

3 hours ago, lindag said:

I missed that recipe and I'd love to try it.  Can someone point me to it, please?

Here you go: Anna's Chicken Casserole