• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Sometime, in another life, I am sure I must have been a meat and potatoes girl:

http://tribade.org/Food/Dinner06262017.png

Sorry about the link but eGullet is not letting me embed an image.  My doctor's office called to say I should stop eating red meat because my cholesterol is off the charts.*  Though most likely that is not why I cannot embed the image.

Before I joined eGullet I thought photography was children, cats, flowers, wildlife, viruses, sunsets, solar eclipses.  Throw in a transit of Venus.  If anyone had told me I would be photographing my dinner I would have questioned their sanity.

*I know of no study correlating dietary cholesterol with blood cholesterol.  Besides in organic chemistry it was such fun extracting cholesterol from things I'd rather not think about.

Edit:  potato credit Herve This.  Peas steamed in the CSO.  [Insert your city here] strip steak courtesy Zojirushi.  When it comes to steak Zojirushi beats what I can cook sous vide or pan sear.

Digestive, Balaclava Special #1.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Sorry about the link but eGullet is not letting me embed an image.  My doctor's office called to say I should stop eating red meat because my cholesterol is off the charts.*  Though most likely that is not why I cannot embed the image.

Before I joined eGullet I thought photography was children, cats, flowers, wildlife, viruses, sunsets, solar eclipses.  Throw in a transit of Venus.  If anyone had told me I would be photographing my dinner I would have questioned their sanity.

*I know of no study correlating dietary cholesterol with blood cholesterol.  Besides in organic chemistry it was such fun extracting cholesterol from things I'd rather not think about.

Edit:  potato credit Herve This.  Peas steamed in the CSO.  [Insert your city here] strip steak courtesy Zojirushi.  When it comes to steak Zojirushi beats what I can cook sous vide or pan sear.

Digestive, Balaclava #1.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker