• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

@Kerala, The marinade is a mixture of about 3 heaping TBS of hot fermented soy bean paste (gochujang), 3/4 cup soy sauce, 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped, 1 thumb sized piece of peeled ginger, chopped, 2 TBS dark brown sugar, 1 TBS rice wine vinegar, 1/2 cup dry sherry and 1 TBS sesame oil. I blend these with an immersion blender then add 3 green onions chopped.

I truss the chicken tightly, snipping off the wing tips. The trussing keeps the plump shape for visual appeal. I put the trussed bird in a plastic bag, add the marinade and massage it in the bag to distribute the marinade evenly and leave it for a few hours to overnight. I put it on the rotisserie at 350 - 375 F, baste the bird every 20 minutes with the marinade, but do not baste it for the last half hour to be sure that the marinade has been cooked thoroughly. With my setup, a 5 lb bird takes 2 /1/2 hours, but that will vary, of course, with the size of the bird and your particular setup. No stuffing.  

HC                                                                                   

HungryChris

HungryChris

@Kerala, The marinade is a mixture of about 3 heaping TBS of hot fermented soy bean paste (gochujang), 3/4 cup soy sauce, 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped, 1 thumb sized piece of peeled ginger, chopped, 2 TBS dark brown sugar, 1 TBS rice wine vinegar, 1/2 cup dry sherry and 1 TBS sesame oil. I blend these with an immersion blender then add 3 green onions chopped.

I truss the chicken tightly, snipping off the wing tips. The trussing keeps the plump shape for visual appeal. I put the trussed bird in a plastic bag, add the marinade and massage it in the bag to distribute the marinade evenly and leave it for a few hours to overnight. I put it on the rotisserie at 350 - 375 F, baste the bird every 20 minutes with the marinade, but do not baste it for the last half hour to be sure that the marinade has been cooked thoroughly. With my setup, a 5 lb bird takes 2 /1/2 hours, but that will vary, of course, with the size of the bird and your particular setup.   

HC                                                                                   

HungryChris

HungryChris

I truss the chicken tightly, snipping off the wing tips. The trussing keeps the plump shape for visual appeal. I put the trussed bird in a plastic bag, add the marinade and massage it in the bag to distribute the marinade evenly and leave it for a few hours to overnight. I put it on the rotisserie at 350 - 375 F, baste the bird every 20 minutes with the marinade, but do not baste it for the last half hour to be sure that the marinade has been cooked thoroughly. With my setup, a 5 lb bird takes 2 /1/2 hours, but that will vary, of course, with the size of the bird and your particular setup.   

HC                                                                                   

HungryChris

HungryChris

I truss the chicken tightly, snipping off the wing tips. The trussing keeps the plump shape for visual appeal. I put the trussed bird in a plastic bag, add the marinade and massage it in the bag to distribute the marinade evenly and leave it for a few hours to overnight. I put it on the rotisserie at 350 - 375 F, baste the bird every 20 minutes with the marinade, but do not baste it for the last half hour to be sure that the marinade has been cooked thoroughly. With my setup, a 5 lb bird takes 2 /1/2 hours, but that will vary, of course, with the size of the bird and your particular setup.                                       HC