• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

13 hours ago, Anna N said:

Thank you. It sounds amazing  and anything that can serve as graft gets my vote.  But I am most amused and gratified by your description of the size of the bunch of cilantro you call for.  Now why can't cook book authors do that?:)

@Anna N, I worked for many years as a technical writer, writing and revising US nuclear submarine technical manuals and often would be frustrated by having  my words changed by my editor, even though I knew, the sailor at sea, would have benefited more from mine. I find this forum a refreshing reprieve and your kind comments equally refreshing!. Thank you!

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

Thank you. It sounds amazing  and anything that can serve as graft gets my vote.  But I am most amused and gratified by your description of the size of the bunch of cilantro you call for.  Now why can't cook book authors do that?:)

@Anna N, I worked for many years as a technical writer, writing and revising US nuclear submarine technical manuals and often would be frustrated by having  my words changed by my editor, even though I knew, the sailor, at sea, would have benefited more from mine. I find this forum a refreshing reprieve and your kind comments equally refreshing!. Thank you!

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

@Anna N, I worked for many years as a technical writer, writing and revising US nuclear submarine technical manuals and often would be frustrated by having  my words changed by my editor, even though I knew, the sailor, at sea, would have benefited from mine. I find this forum a refreshing reprieve and your kind comments equally refreshing!. Thank you!

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

12 hours ago, Anna N said:

@Anna N, I worked for many years as a technical writer, writing and revising US nuclear submarine technical manuals and often would be frustrated by having  my words changed by my editor, even though I knew, the sailor would have benefited from them. I find this forum a refreshing reprieve and your kind comments equally refreshing!. Thank you!

HC