• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link to recipe

Mumbai toastie from Diana Henry's Simple. Recipe available online at this link.

IMG_4888.thumb.jpg.c91650e7c4687153f2fcddfa8c1451a9.jpg

The bread is spread with a fresh green chile/cilantro/mint/garlic chutney, topped with Cheddar cheese, tomato, red onion and a pinch each of cumin, coriander, ginger and cinnamon before cooking in a sandwich press (which I lack) or under a weight.

I wasn't sure I'd like it but after gobbling this down, I found myself wishing there was more. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Mumbai toastie from Diana Henry's Simple

IMG_4888.thumb.jpg.c91650e7c4687153f2fcddfa8c1451a9.jpg

The bread is spread with a fresh green chile/cilantro/mint/garlic chutney, topped with Cheddar cheese, tomato, red onion and a pinch each of cumin, coriander, ginger and cinnamon before cooking in a sandwich press (which I lack) or under a weight.

I wasn't sure I'd like it but after gobbling this down, I found myself wishing there was more.