• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 2/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, shain said:

Mellow is Mallow with a typo :) 

Thank you.  That's kind of what I suspected but mallow isn't a commonly used herb in my kitchen so I thought I'd ask.

I am intrigued by the kookoo.  Do you have a favorite combination of ingredients or is the mallow-zucchini-onion-garlic combination the best? I noticed several of the recipes I found online include barberries and walnuts. 

I was thinking I might try to use muffin tins for individual servings or give them the sous vide egg bite treatment.  

Yesterday's breakfast was one of the aforementioned egg bites, reheated.  It was already pictured over on the sous vide thread so no need to repeat that. 

Today was bacon, egg and cheese on a roll:

IMG_4411 (1).jpg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 2/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, shain said:

Mellow is Mallow with a typo :) 

Thank you.  That's kind of what I suspected but mallow isn't a commonly used herb in my kitchen so I thought I'd ask.

I am intrigued by the kookoo.  Do you have a favorite combination of ingredients or is the mallow-zucchini-onion-garlic combination the best? I noticed several of the recipes I found online include barberries and walnuts. 

I was thinking I might try to use muffin tins for individual servings or give them the sous vide egg bite treatment.  

Yesterday's breakfast was one of the aforementioned egg bites, reheated.  It was already pictured over on the sous vide thread so no need to repeat that. 

Today was bacon, egg and cheese on a roll:

IMG_4411 (1).jpg

IMG_4406.jpg