• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon Pricing on All-Clad

Shel_B

I read that Amazon, as well as some other merchants, adjust the price of various items depending on a person's browsing history, past purchases, and physical location.  You and I may not be offered an item at the same price.

I recently noticed a big drop in the Amazon price for an All-Clad 10-inch skillet with lid soon after browsing several other sites, one of which had a substantially lower price for the item. 

Coincidence?  I don't know.  But perhaps we can find out.  Would you be kind enough to look up this item on Amazon  All-Clad 41106 Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Fry Pan with Lid / Cookware, 10-Inch and post the price you received?  Just type the description into Google or the Amazon search box.  Thanks!

... Shel

$74.99 w/Prime

Amazon prices often fluctuate.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

I too got $74.99 with Prime.

Edited to add in case anyone cares: Amazon.ca has this item for the princely sum of $157.92. Strictly on a currency exchange rate basis, it should be priced at about $92.00.

Edited by ElsieD (log)

I too got $74.99 with Prime.

Edited to add in case anyone cares: Amazon.ca has this item for the princely sum of $157.92. Strictly on a currency exchange rate basis, it should be priced at about $92.00.

Info I have says the exchange would be around $130.00 - $131.00 ...

... Shel

Same price here. I think you should buy it.

Already purchased it for less elsewhere.  At the time of purchase Amazon was 20+ dollars more, now it's just a few dollars more.

... Shel

Info I have says the exchange would be around $130.00 - $131.00 ...

I did a rough estimate above. Today the Canadian dollar closed at $1.2093 against the US$ so $74.99 US = $90.69. How did you come up with $130?

I did a rough estimate above. Today the Canadian dollar closed at $1.2093 against the US$ so $74.99 US = $90.69. How did you come up with $130?

I went here  and typed in $157.92 for Canadian dollars.

... Shel

I keep a wish list on amazon and things do often drop in price, sometimes significantly and sometimes by a few cents.  Occasionally they go up.  I never thought about it being tied to my search history, but it sounds possible.

I went here  and typed in $157.92 for Canadian dollars.

The 157.92 ( Canadian dollars) price is what Amazon Canada is charging compared to the 74.99( American dollars) Amazon USA is charging. I don't think I was very clear. As Darienne points out, we Canadians are quite accustomed to being asked to pay a lot more for the same goods when compared to American prices. That should not be the case if items are produced in the U.S. as per NAFTA, but it does become a different kettle of fish if the item has been made offshore. So, if All Clad products are made outside NAFTA, that could be a reason for the price differential on any given item.