• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

White chocolate brownie recipe

Lia Tumkus

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone can give me a good white chocolate brownie recipe, I've been changing a few brownie recipes and everything messes up when I change dark chocolate for white chocolate. Butter seems to split and consistency gets totally wrong.

I'm just looking for a fudgy and dense white chocolate cake that resembles a brownie.

Thanks in advance!

Lia

I don't have a white chocolate brownie; I usually add a mix of white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips (the callets) to the chocolate brownie we make; but if you're looking for a white chocolate brownie, you might want to consider tweaking a blondie recipe or a caramelita recipe to use more white chocolate.

If you are replacing the dark/semisweet chocolate in a recipe you're currently using, you need to adjust for the additional milk solids and lack of cocoa solids (depending on the brand you are using) in white chocolate. I can't think of a replacement for cocoa if you have a recipe that is using cocoa and not melted chocolate....

Not at all helpful, but I love the fact that white chocolate brownies are called blondies.

Actually Blondies don't usually contain white chocolate - instead they are butterscotch squares - brown sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and in my world - pecans.

Yeah, blondies are not really white chocolate brownies; there's a recipe from Maida Heatter for California Fruit Bars which contain brown sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla - and then you add softened dried fruit and nuts; my favorite version is with pecans, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips; I thought you'd have better luck tweaking something that doesn't contain melted chocolate or cocoa based on what the OP was saying was going wrong with the recipes already tried....