• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Court Wars - Seriously?!

weinoo

I don't know where it will end, but we have to be getting close. If not, then is this only the beginning? Eater reports:

FOOD TVEater National learns that Gordon Ramsay and Tyler Florence are casting for a new Ramsay-produced/Florence-hosted Food Network restaurant competition show called Food Court Wars. The winners will win a year's free rent in a food court. [Eater National]

Do these two have no shame?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Does Tyler Florence yell, too? Guy Fierri has half a dozen shows featuring bar food and him either cooking it or eating it. This new show can't be much worse...well, maybe. We're all pretty much agreed that we don't watch Food Network to actually learn anything anyway.

There was a show BBC a while back that featured couples with no restaurant experience who were given a venue and told to come up with a menu and a concept. Every week one of them had their restaurant closed. The host and benifactor was a French guy whose name escapes me. I loved that show. This one may have promise, as well.

Does Tyler Florence have any real restaurant experience? I've always seen him as a male Rachel Ray. I recall a Top Chef contestant (a Voltaggio perhaps?) cracking wise about TF, calling him a TV chef in response to some stupid comment he had made.

There was an article on him and the restaurants he's started in California and also his stint endorsing TGI Fridays. He just pretty much summed it up saying that he has a wife and kids now and why not make some money?

Sleep, bike, cook, feed, repeat...

Chef Facebook HQ Menlo Park, CA

My eGullet Foodblog