• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Modernist Cuisine & Sous Vide Supreme Combo

JBailey

I just saw an offer from Sous Vide Supreme where they are offering one of their water ovens, their vacuum sealer, a copy of Sous Vide for the Home Cook AND Modernist Cuisine. This may be of interest to some buyers who have not bought the sous vide machine or the books.

"A cloud o' dust! Could be most anything. Even a whirling dervish.

That, gentlemen, is the whirlingest dervish of them all." - The Professionals by Richard Brooks

most people here need to consider this:

SVS

vs

Sous Vide Magic.

thats a fundamental difference.

if you dont have too much space, then

still get the SVM.

with a Beer Cooler you are set.

but if you do not have that space, as it will only fit in the 38 QT item

get a PID control and

and Gerry Rig the heat with those immersion heaters.

I would say though that the SVS is a great intro to Sous Vide for a lot of home cooks. So easy to use and if they get the bug they will most likely step up to a more professional model.

My $.02

Edit: And I may be considering this for a X-Mas present for a friend. I would keep Modernist and he would get the sous vide setup and doug's book.

Edited by ScottyBoy (log)

Sleep, bike, cook, feed, repeat...

Chef Facebook HQ Menlo Park, CA

My eGullet Foodblog