• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

24 Hour Restaurant Battle on Food Network

gfweb

Saw the episode last night with two capable guys going against two complete spaz women. Spaz chef melts down in kitchen...serves raw chicken..turns place over to her sous etc etc. Judges say food isn't restaurant quality. Guys run a tight ship and turn out food judges say is restaurant quality and interesting. Guess who wins.

What total BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear GAWD, the "...and Jelly" dude is easily one of the biggest jerks I've seen on the Food Network. Excuse me, I should've said "...and JellEH" as said jerk couldn't let his affected pronounciation rest for even a second.

Lemon "jelly." "...don't feel like making them anymore." "Pffth, I'm not a butcher."

My skin was crawling by the end of this episode. I can't imagine what the sous and prep chefs were thinking. :hmmm:

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow

Dear GAWD, the "...and Jelly" dude is easily one of the biggest jerks I've seen on the Food Network.....

Not just on FN, but EVER. What a self-impressed, imperious douche.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

He's lucky the food was good. I thought was an interesting concept.

When he said he was 86'ing all sides because he didn't feel like making them anymore I laughed. His girlfriend even said they shouldn't have a restaurant.

The meatloaf cupcake is nothing new. I was surprised the judges went gaga over the idea.

Edited by KristiB50 (log)