• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On 9/6/2020 at 6:33 AM, BeeZee said:

Good to know about the bags. I wrapped my pops in saran and put in a tupperware type of container, I loathe wrangling saran wrap.

Did the plastic wrap come off ok after more time in the freezer? 

I got some of these and heat seal them.  I know not everyone has a heat sealer, but the lip and tape bags drive me nuts.

https://www.clearbags.com/3-x-1-1-4-x-8-1-4-high-clarity-flat-bottom-gusset-bags-1-6-mil-100-pieces-fgcc14-on-sale-while-supplies-last.html

@pastrygirl, I had no problem removing saran wrap from the bars. I kind of wrapped them burrito style and on the one end twisted the saran around the stick. This last batch of pudding pops I put in snack size zip top bags, to compare the two. The bags are better for throwing them loose in the freezer without an additional container. 

• Like 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Sweet potato & coconut pops dipped in white chocolate and topped with chopped walnuts

63948489_IMG_3046(2).thumb.jpeg.6958e814db27d1e03dfc8a726ae6bab1.jpeg

The sweet potato mix was very thick and I was too lazy to address it so I ended up with those unsightly bubble holes that I was also too lazy to disguise with a more artful application of chocolate 🙃

I got the idea from this sweet potato & coconut popsicle recipe although I based it more on Nikki's Sweet Potatoes from 101 Cookbooks that is a standby for me.   I intended to use the macadamia nuts that top that recipe but they tasted off so I went with the trusty walnuts. 

• Like 2
  • Delicious 1
3 hours ago, shain said:

What's the verdict? They sound intriguing.

I thought they were quite good.  I liked the combination of the fresh ginger that was the primary seasoning and the white chocolate topping.  The sweet potato flavor comes through nicely.

Forgot to add a nice pinch of salt to the mix as I've found that really enhances the nuttiness of the toasted coconut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1