• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Food Loop

Carolyn Tillie

I had lunch with my sister this afternoon and much to my surprise, she announces in the fabric store, "Oh, I have a present for you..."

She proceeds to whip out from her over-sized purse a small square box with a hot pink circle on the top. Patent-pending, I have been given what looks to be the coolest new kitchen gadget I have ever seen: Heat Resistant Silicone Food Trussing Implements.

I have no idea where she bought them, but I found their website here. I'll be trying them out this weekend but I had to share!

I don't think I'd pay $19.95 or whatever rather large price was on them originally, but at half-price, they are a great gimmick ... way easier to use than string! Got mine in Home Hardware in small-town Parksville, Vancouver Island. Susan

Got these as a gift last Christmas and I was SO excited. So far though I haven't used them! I might have to stuff a pork tenderloin or something soon so I can find out if they are as good as claimed.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I think I've seen pictures of these in use. And I think it was Marlene using them if I'm not mistaken.

I couldn't bring myself to pay the price, but I did notice some cheaper knock offs at my posh kitchen store last week.

Yes, I have them. I believe I used them during one of my blogs. I haven't used them a lot, but they do work quite well. Then again, my kitchen twine always sits on my counter, so I tend to reach for it, before I go rooting through drawers to find my loops.

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.