• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rocco's replacement on WOR's Food Talk

TrishCT

Yep, it's Tyler Florence of the show Food 911. He was on the air today and announced he has replaced Rocco.

The part of the show I caught he didn't sound bad at all...Would just be nice if he didn't call every female caller "sweetie".... but could be a lot of fun.

I only get a chance to listen to the show about once a week. You can catch it at 11 a.m. Mondays through Friday on WOR.

I liked him until I witnessed him, with an entourage, at a restaurant in LA. I suppose such behavior is to be expected there but it really appeared to be a cry for attention from a wannabe celeb. Sad.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

...Would just be nice if he didn't call every female caller "sweetie".... 

I wouldn't mind if he called me "Sweetie" on the air. Or anywhere else, for that matter. :wub:

"It is impossible not to love someone who makes toast for you."

-Nigel Slater

...Would just be nice if he didn't call every female caller "sweetie".... 

I wouldn't mind if he called me "Sweetie" on the air. Or anywhere else, for that matter. :wub:

Exactly what I was thinking, Avocado!! :wub::wub:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I liked him until I witnessed him, with an entourage, at a restaurant in LA.  I suppose such behavior is to be expected there but it really appeared to be a cry for attention from a wannabe celeb.  Sad.

Oh no moosnsqrl no way can you not give us a first person report of his/his entourage's behavior. Dish girlfriend! :biggrin:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!