• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Style Grilled Corn

Daniel

Easy - grill the corn, slather with mayo, a few drops of lime, and sprinkle with chile powder - this is how you get them on the street... they are called elotes

there was a thread recently on this, but I can't find it now - oh wait, here it is: Mexi-corn

Personally, I leave off the cheese

edited to add the link

Edited by sandra (log)

www.nutropical.com

~Borojo~

I always like to toast my corn over my stove burner to give it a good roasted corn flavor. Then use it in corn pepper relishes and salsas or just eat it plain. I have family in Mexico and the mayo, cheese, chili and lime additions are the most common way the Mexicans add flavor to the bland hominy like corn they have in Mexico. With our sweet corn in the US I prefer it on it's own. I just can't see covering up that great flavor