• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

computer cookies?

chezcherie

or, more precisely, please be creative, and let me take the credit.

i suffered a computer crash recently. my computer guy was attempting to recover some lost data (recipes are data, right?), and i promised him some cookies (from one of the lost recipes, n'est pas?) if he was successful.

it appeared that he was not...but he saved what he could, and lo and behold, my husband was able to take it the rest of the way (which the computer geek---i mean guy--was not...but in that case, time is $$).

so, i feel that some cookies are in order for the computer guy. (the husband has been compensated...)

what clever computer-related shape (other than "cookies", which i already thought of...) shall i fashion from this roll-and-cut sour cream sugar cookie dough? i thought of mouses..or mice, and motherboards, but that seems kinda hard, and my piping skills are limited.

ideas? come on, you guys are brilliant. i can't wait to see what i---i mean you--come up with. thanks in advance!

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

CD-ROM disks with the hole in the middle. Bake the cookies as thin as possible, and stack them in those cylindrical plastic CD-ROM containers. Separate each cookie with wax paper. Instead of reaching for a CD disk, he can reach for a cookie.

oh, this i love! they're all good...but this i love.

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

CD-ROM disks with the hole in the middle. Bake the cookies as thin as possible, and stack them in those cylindrical plastic CD-ROM containers. Separate each cookie with wax paper. Instead of reaching for a CD disk, he can reach for a cookie.

Now THAT is brilliant. I just love it when an idea is great AND easy! If you don't mind, I'm going to save that in my "idea" file. It's a keeper.

Hey Cherie.....

howcome you didn't utilize the husband before calling the computer guy? I woulda been in a load of trouble if I'd called in outside help.....although no matter what my hubby says, I will ALWAYS call the plumber....... :raz:

Now THAT is brilliant. I just love it when an idea is great AND easy! If you don't mind, I'm going to save that in my "idea" file. It's a keeper.

Hey Cherie.....

howcome you didn't utilize the husband before calling the computer guy? I woulda been in a load of trouble if I'd called in outside help.....although no matter what my hubby says, I will ALWAYS call the plumber....... :raz:

good question---he is pretty damn handy, but knows his limitations...doesn't "do" cracked motherboards..so he told me to take it in, and where to take it. the computer guy said it was terminal, so we were having him transfer the data from the dead laptop to the new one, when the tricky file issue came up.

i think i'll bake some for that handy husband, too.

www.chezcherie.com

Hey Cherie.....

good question---he is pretty damn handy, but knows his limitations...doesn't "do" cracked motherboards..so he told me to take it in, and where to take it. the computer guy said it was terminal, so we were having him transfer the data from the dead laptop to the new one, when the tricky file issue came up.

Go ahead. I don't mind if you want to save MY idea in your file. If this becomes the next food craze, I want my percentage in cookies, among other things. :cool:

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Go ahead. I don't mind if you want to save MY idea in your file. If this becomes the next food craze, I want my percentage in cookies, among other things.  :cool:

what a coincidence...the computer place is...in glendale. no lie.

gallery_8685_1363_60546.jpg

Edited by chezcherie (log)

www.chezcherie.com

Bravo rjwong and chezcherie! This will surely put a smile on his face.

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

The foils in a modern motherboard may have as many as 6 layers. Up until the mid 80s they had two at the most.

Make him some Intel CPU cookies. Cut a square piece of sugar cookie dough with a smaller square of darker dough in the center, use three rows of silver pearls on the outer area of the cookie and pipe Intel in the center once baked.

Diskettes would also be easy. I did laptops one using a section of angle aluminum to bake the dough in or you can bend a foil sheet to do this. Make a rectangle and bend to 45 deg. either use sugar to represent keys or pipe. Pipe or use jimmies to create a screen border and bake. Pipe on things for the display.

Living hard will take its toll...

The foils in a modern motherboard may have as many as 6 layers. Up until the mid 80s they had two at the most.

Make him some Intel CPU cookies. Cut a square piece of sugar cookie dough with a smaller square of darker dough in the center, use three rows of silver pearls on the outer area of the cookie and pipe Intel in the center once baked.

Diskettes would also be easy. I did laptops one using a section of angle aluminum to bake the dough in or you can bend a foil sheet to do this. Make a rectangle and bend to 45 deg. either use sugar to represent keys or pipe. Pipe or use jimmies to create a screen border and bake. Pipe on things for the display.

Living hard will take its toll...