• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Decent food and Yankees?

jwjojo

i'm really shooting from the hip here, but i'm pretty sure that Blend in Ridgewood is non-smoking, and i think they must have a bar with TVs and whatnot.  http://www.blendbar.com

Not only do they allow smoking, but they talk about their Cigar Bar right on the website...

With no law in NJ, most bars with sports are going to allow smoking. Your best bet is to head over to NYC where smoking is forbidden.

this link may or may not be helpful, and certainly doesn't seem very up-to-date.

i'll throw in a suggestion of Legal Seafood in the paramus mall, along with Napa Valley Grill in same. i know LS doesn't allow smoking, has a nice bar area with TV's, and has decent food. can't be sure about NVG, though. NVG also has some sister restauranst in the area including Pacific Grill in paramus, which might be worth contacting regarding your requirements. and South City Grill might be worth a call, but most likely allows smoking.

actually, i was referring to proving you wrong as you seem to invite it for whatever reason.

I realized that.... you, however, missed my return irony--

Of course, I'm sure that someone averse to smoking will enjoy a place with cigar smoke wafting through from the other room....

i was kidding.

see:  :laugh:

although, if one were to rate the usefulness of your "recommendations" on this thread, one might come up with a relatively low number.  :raz:

So you were kidding and you were serious at the same time? Hmmmm.

I think the vast number of choices in smoke-free New York City compared to your rec of Napa Valley Grille speaks for itself.

Decent Food and Yankees

Two things that I rarely, if ever, associate in the same thought or sentence. :wink:  :raz:  :laugh:

:hmmm:

at first i didn't realize that you were referring to northerners, which makes your comment unfunny, :angry: but rather to the team, at which point i was going to suggest that there's a great little cuban place around the corner from the stadium that's practically a destination spot. but don't tell anyone. :biggrin:

Edited by tommy (log)

:hmmm:

there's a great little cuban place around the corner from the stadium that's practically a destination spot.  but don't tell anyone. :biggrin:

c'mon tommy....that ain't fair. have tix to upcoming games and would love to find something other than stan's....