• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Food in Toms River?

tautog

I have started work at a law office in Toms River and was wondering if anyone had any opinions about good foos in the area. For reference, I have eaten at the Office and all the local lunch places "downtown." Thanks in advance.

I have started work at a law office in Toms River and was wondering if anyone had any opinions about good foos in the area.  For reference, I have eaten at the Office and all the local lunch places "downtown."  Thanks in advance.

Kobe in Howell for Japan and sushi. Zagett's mentioned some new place on Main St but I forget the name and have never been there.

Top of the mast in seasid park used to be good as was The Red Lion in Brick off of old hooper ave.

If I think of any more I will post them. Not too many places come to mind other than chains and a few dinners.

Living hard will take its toll...

Kobe in Howell for Japan and sushi. Zagett's mentioned some new place on Main St but I forget the name and have never been there.

Top of the mast in seasid park used to be good as was The Red Lion in Brick off of old hooper ave.

If I think of any more I will post them. Not too many places come to mind other than chains and a few dinners.

Over on the east side of the street by the high school? I think that is the place. Citas Olde time Tavern used to be good but I think they are closed. It has been a long time since I have been in the area. Blue Fountain up on 37 near holiday city has good food but it is low end as far as service or decore but Jim and Nick do roast meats well as well as some specialty dishes. The two main dinners are good for a quick bite at reasonable prices. Baimonte over off of Hooper in Silverton has good pizza.

What have you tried in the area and likes? Skip Jack Bakers at all costs! There are some interesting ethnic places along route 9 you might want to try.

Close to Toms River in Seaside Park is the Atlantic Bar and Grill.  Very good food and atmosphere (overlooking the ocean).  Nice place for after work drinks, I think they have a website.  Entrees were around $25-$30.

Windows on the bay in Beachwood has some good food and a fair wine list.