• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Black & White Foods

LEdlund

We had our book group last night and the array of black and white food was amazing. I ended up sticking with my jicima slaw idea, tossed with spicy nori strips. Not an attractive dish but, when displayed with all the other black and white items, made for an impressive image.

We had steamed mussels and clams, vietnamese pork balls rolled in white rice w/ a black (soy-based) dipping sauce, mashed potatoes, black beans topped w/ sour cream and an array of desserts.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

We had our book group last night and the array of black and white food was amazing. I ended up sticking with my jicima slaw idea, tossed with spicy nori strips. Not an attractive dish but, when displayed with all the other black and white items, made for an impressive image.

We had steamed mussels and clams, vietnamese pork balls rolled in white rice w/ a black (soy-based) dipping sauce, mashed potatoes, black beans topped w/ sour cream and an array of desserts.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

What, no pictures?!?!?!?